Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Box design

jkrswld is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Box design

This going to be the design of my box for 4 12's. I was wondering what is the best way to get the right airspace in a design like this. I was thinking of building the box with individual chambers for each sub. Your ideas.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Box design-sub-enclosure.jpg  

Wife's ride 1Sikyota 2000 Toyota Celica GTS Sponsors: JBL, Metra, Luminicsbulbs.com, 12Vspotlight.com, Tsunami, Ballistic, Optima 137.4 DB
    My ride Jokerswild 1972 AMC Hornet Head Unit JVC KD-S28 Front Stage Kenwood 6.5's Subs Memphis M1 12's Sub amp JL Audio 1/1000 135.6 DB

RAM_Designs is offline SketchUp Master

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)

Re: Box design

Individual chambers...so it's a sealed box? Just asking since it looks like you have a vertical port in the middle.

1,400+ designs since March 2011...
    I have my PM's turned off, please email at Ryan@RAM-Designs.com

smd4life is offline NOTHING ABOUT MEADE

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

flat surfaces....it can be done

Quote Originally Posted by thevic24 View Post
    And with this.....I will use this as an excuse to drink another beer....
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ____________________________________________
    Ref's:memphissoul4u, scottiej(x3), bassaddictj, jeepinTN(x2), Blados,lincolnls(slc720052), ssbogger, stuckinok(x2), matrxx dude, BoostedPontiac, fintheman, dbornotdb, mr. tibbs, lakota, iceteebone, WantedIsHere(HypnoticCure), Cahm Rohn, Bring97, Brian Owens, snoopysnooper, sdsport92064, annarbor84, tv559, RetroAudioinc, FJF, 01 S 10, oddiofile, stupify

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It will be ported just didnt add the ports yet. the slot in the middle was just to show where the 2 pieces come together and might do some neons or something not sure yet. Thanks ram for the input

Wife's ride 1Sikyota 2000 Toyota Celica GTS Sponsors: JBL, Metra, Luminicsbulbs.com, 12Vspotlight.com, Tsunami, Ballistic, Optima 137.4 DB
    My ride Jokerswild 1972 AMC Hornet Head Unit JVC KD-S28 Front Stage Kenwood 6.5's Subs Memphis M1 12's Sub amp JL Audio 1/1000 135.6 DB

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by smd4life View Post
    flat surfaces....it can be done
    the subs in the rounded corners are my biggest concern

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jkrswld View Post
    the subs in the rounded corners are my biggest concern
    good luck with that..anything is possible, maye a flat side speaker ring glued-n-screwed to a piece of kerfed mdf?

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ____________________________________________
    Ref's:memphissoul4u, scottiej(x3), bassaddictj, jeepinTN(x2), Blados,lincolnls(slc720052), ssbogger, stuckinok(x2), matrxx dude, BoostedPontiac, fintheman, dbornotdb, mr. tibbs, lakota, iceteebone, WantedIsHere(HypnoticCure), Cahm Rohn, Bring97, Brian Owens, snoopysnooper, sdsport92064, annarbor84, tv559, RetroAudioinc, FJF, 01 S 10, oddiofile, stupify

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

the front of the box will be fiberglass so all the subs will be in rings. Should be an interesting build for me

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jkrswld View Post
    the front of the box will be fiberglass so all the subs will be in rings. Should be an interesting build for me
    if you have a lot of experience with glass that sounds like a fun project.....keep us posted, but ive never been a fan of glass sided vented enclosures

RAM_Designs is offline SketchUp Master

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)

It'll be easy if you just make some 45 angles.

edit: didn't see you're wanting to fiberglass.

1,400+ designs since March 2011...
    I have my PM's turned off, please email at Ryan@RAM-Designs.com

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I am decent with glass. jumped in head first on my wifes build and learned a lot. I dont mind the glass sided boxes gives you a little more room to improve the looks a little. plus I am building it more for sq.

Closed Thread