Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Enclosure for Grand Cherokee

ejschultz is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Enclosure for Grand Cherokee

I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with an enclosure in a Grand Cherokee. I'm looking to put my Type R into a ported box built to Alpine's specs. I'm wondering what the optimal placement for the speaker/port should be? Should I face one up and one back, both up, both back, something else? I'm looking for the best overall response from my sub. I've tried 4 subs in 3 different boxes in the year I've had the Jeep. They all got decently loud; none of them were/are able to play low though. I'm beginning to think that it has something to do with the resonant frequency of the Jeep. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

94 Caprice Classic LS: DEH-P800PRS, TS-C720PRS, MRV-F545, MRD-M1005, 2 Fi X 12s in 2.5 net cubes sealed; 97 Grand Cherokee TSi: CDA-9855, TS-D1720C, MRV-F345, MRD-M605, SWX-1043D in .54 net cubes sealed

Resident Jeep Expert, Mother Fucker

RAM_Designs is offline SketchUp Master

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)

Re: Enclosure for Grand Cherokee

What were the specs of your other boxes, and how were the subs/port oriented?

1,400+ designs since March 2011...
    I have my PM's turned off, please email at Ryan@RAM-Designs.com

ejschultz is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Re: Enclosure for Grand Cherokee

I had an Alpine SWX-1042D and an Alpine SWX-1043D both in approximately 2 cubes at 28 Hz, sub and port both back, a Kicker 10CVR154 in a Kicker prefab box, sub back and port to the side, I put the same kicker in my 2.5 cubes sealed with a little polyfill, and now I have my Alpine SWR-1542D in the same 2.5 cubes, no polyfill. The sealed applications have all been rear facing.

94 Caprice Classic LS: DEH-P800PRS, TS-C720PRS, MRV-F545, MRD-M1005, 2 Fi X 12s in 2.5 net cubes sealed; 97 Grand Cherokee TSi: CDA-9855, TS-D1720C, MRV-F345, MRD-M605, SWX-1043D in .54 net cubes sealed

Resident Jeep Expert, Mother Fucker

Closed Thread