1 100.00%
Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Box for my passat wagon

Bitterclown is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Icon32 Box for my passat wagon

I would like some input on a box plan that popped into my head for my passat. I will get some measurements and a better picture drawn up when I have the time I just sketched it out real quick so I didn't forget. Again a QUICK sketch I know it looks bad but gives you and myself a reference.

The front is as if you were looking at it from the front of the car, the seats will lay flush with it and it will have a slight angle and have two rear mounted speakers and the amp for the subs mounted in the middle. The back will have a port down the middle and the two subs. I am thinking about making the sub box and the box that holds the rear speakers and amp two different boxes and then putting them together in the end.

I thought I would get some input from more experienced people before I went ahead and did it since this will be my first build and am in need of as much help as possible.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Box for my passat wagon

Did some measurements, I can make a box 39" wide, 20" tall, and up to 30" deep, only going to go like 12" deep though, but I am really pretty much throwing this idea out and thinking about just making a simple sealed box with two 10" Alpine Type E's and the box volume would be about 5.31 with the displacement of the magnets. But for two of these the "ideal" volume would be around 1.89 so I will be working on some new box designs. Also there is the tuning requirements but I don't know what this other number means since I am totally new to this. It says F3, Q10 then 40Hz, 0.91 and I don't know what the 0.91 means so any help with that would be nice. Got all of this info from http://support.alpine-usa.com/produc...M_SWE-1043.PDF If anyone wanted to take a look for themselves.
    Last edited by Bitterclown; 05-14-2011 at 04:11 PM.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

So for ideal output I would have to make a 24x12x12 box that would have a volume of 2 and idealy is like 1.98 so I guess I will put that in the back with a amp rack on top.

kushy_dreams is offline The resident hippie

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Optimum space for those subs sealed is 1.0 cu/ft per sub and they displace .055 cu/ft each so you will need 2.11 cu/ft total airspace.

and a 24x12x12 box is only 1.435 cu/ft because you have to compensate for the thickness of the wood.

13 Dodge Dart Rallye 1.4T

http://mobileaudioforum.com/forum/forum.php<

BOYCOTT SKAR AUDIO! SHADY BUSINESS PRACTICES SHOULD NEVER BE ENCOURAGED!

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ahhh I forgot all about the thickness of the wood, thanks for that back to that drawling board.

Closed Thread