Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Reload Thread: 2 p210s4 enclosure.

jeremyblevins is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: 2 p210s4 enclosure.

oh and i'm trying to get a broken p6001 amp but it just looks like a burnt trace so i'll try and fix it but it has a subsonic filter. should this be good for my subs i'm assuming that the sub should be able to handle 300 rms even though they're rated at 200. i know rockford is fairly conservative on there specs. and also say i fix the burnt trace how i can i know the amp wont hurt my speakers or can an amp hurt speakers if the volume and gain are low?

Cruzer is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

with winisd there is no difference between 2.5 and ur 2.48.

according to winisd tho, 2.48 cubic foot tuned to 33.72, ur xmax of 11 is it when u go below 27hz.

someone who knows will have to chime in, but most music dont go below 30hz, and u might be ok because say something does play a 26hz tone, i dont think xmax is when a sub breaks, or starts to mess up, its actually xmech.

but like i said someone else will have to chime in cuz im not sure to be honest

Head Unit: Pioneer 800PRS | Tweets: Vifa BC25SC06-04 1" Textile Dome | Mids: Dayton RS180 | Speaker Amp: Infinity Kappa Four | Sub: Dayton HO 15" | Sub Amp: AQ1200D
    refs:http://www.caraudio.com/forum/buyer-seller-feedback/485413-cruzer-feedback.html
    Legal disclaimer... this is my own personal opinion that I have made from my own personal experience and based on my own personal tastes. At no time have I implied that anyone is wrong in their own opinions and you need to make a decision based on your own opinions.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzer View Post
    with winisd there is no difference between 2.5 and ur 2.48.

according to winisd tho, 2.48 cubic foot tuned to 33.72, ur xmax of 11 is it when u go below 27hz.

someone who knows will have to chime in, but most music dont go below 30hz, and u might be ok because say something does play a 26hz tone, i dont think xmax is when a sub breaks, or starts to mess up, its actually xmech.

but like i said someone else will have to chime in cuz im not sure to be honest
    thanks yeah in post 4 slimtofattycake said that the xmech is when the sub starts to get damaged. do you think that's probably the best tuning for that sub. that was about the best port i could come up with that would fit and not cause port noise.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

ah so i just looked it up and xmax is actually the limit of movement the sub has and can still accurately reproduce sounds. so an xmax that point at that low of a hz shouldn't matter right?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

im not sure how it works to be honest. at say u play a 26hz tone and ur 11xmax is reached, does it just not produce it accurately at that point? does it slowly but surely start harming the sub? does it play it fine, just doesnt get louder because it cant move out further due to lack of xmax?

thats why i said someone else have to chime in.

but in all honesty, if u cant find any info on it, i would just run it. most songs wont have a 26hz tone or below and if they dont, shouldnt be long enough to hurt it, and if it does, gives u a reason to upgrade

also about the tuning, lower is better imo. but i was building a box and i could only fit 33hz tuning, it sounded fine

Head Unit: Pioneer 800PRS | Tweets: Vifa BC25SC06-04 1" Textile Dome | Mids: Dayton RS180 | Speaker Amp: Infinity Kappa Four | Sub: Dayton HO 15" | Sub Amp: AQ1200D
    refs:http://www.caraudio.com/forum/buyer-seller-feedback/485413-cruzer-feedback.html
    Legal disclaimer... this is my own personal opinion that I have made from my own personal experience and based on my own personal tastes. At no time have I implied that anyone is wrong in their own opinions and you need to make a decision based on your own opinions.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

oh and if u do push them with 300 watts each, they can handle it, but u might have to re look at ur xmax, and SSF, because im not sure if more power will make them reach xmax sooner than 27hz or not. might have to set ssf to 30hz for safety

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

well if i get the amp to power them at 300 watts it has built in ssf at it says 12db/ octave -3db at 28hz

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2