Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Spare Tire Baffle Sits High

When u make a spare tire enclosure u place the mdf baffle on top, how do u get it so it doesnt look like it sits real high off the bottom of the trunk? Does anyone understand what im sayin if so can i get some feedback. THANKS

Omarvelous is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Spare Tire Baffle Sits High

you could build up the floor

I'm building a ported tire enclosure my self, but i think i want mine to rise a little. I will still have to raise the floor.

Are u using fiberglass?

TPABlazer is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

i had to rasie the floor like 1n inch to get airspace right last time I did it...

MXJMR is offline Senior VIP Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Im raising the floor, i have plenty of airspace. What im really asking is if you raise the floor; on the side of the baffle there will be like a 3/4'' to and 1'' of a drop off.

TPABlazer is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

okay say your trunk looks like this (|8|) the 8 is the spare tire well . take the side parts that will be sitting low, take the trunk liner off, and trace it to cardboard. then take and put the cardboard in the trunk and place some wood under it so it sits 1 inch high.

then glue on any cardboard to it to fill the gaps that may have formed in the sides (i know in my civic there was recess in the side that started like an inch off the metal) and then trace the cardboard onto 1/2 inch MDF.

cut out the MDF, trim it to fit perfect, and carpet it(or vynl or tweed or whatever). then just use scrap wood to make shims or spacers under it to make it level with the top of the baffle.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Are you pretty much saying just make the baffle wide enough and long enough so it sits up next to the actual tire well, and the back of the seat. IDK. Do u have any pics of yours?

PopcornPlaya is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

false floor is your solution. raise it to the height needed to flush it with the top of the enclosure. a good way to get your pattern is to use the carpet out of the bottom of your trunk and trace it onto mdf, assuming that it is a piece of its own (carpet). then use and wood to attach to the underside, planed 2X4, whatever to raise it to height. it would really help to give suggestions with pics.

"Whattaya lookin' at? You're all a bunch of fvcking assholes. You know why? 'Cause you don't have the guts to be what you wanna be. You need people like me. You need people like me so you can point your fvcking fingers, and say "that's the bad guy." So, what dat make you? Good? You're not good; you just know how to hide. Howda lie. Me, I don't have that problem. Me, I always tell the truth--even when I lie. So say goodnight to the bad guy. Come on; the last time you gonna see a bad guy like this, let me tell ya. Come on, make way for the bad guy. There's a bad guy comin' through; you better get outta his way!"

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I am building a false floor ! That was not the question. I was just asking if anyone had any good techniques or ideas, so on the side of the baffle it wouldnt look like it dropped off or was actually the baffle. So it looked like actually like it was the original piece of carpet.

Im building a false floor its gonna be raised. So please dont tell me i should build a false floor when thats what im doing and that wasnt even the question.

PopcornPlaya is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

i also told you how to cut it so that you don't see the raised portion. if you cut it right, which is also what i described, you shouldn't have to do anything to make it unnoticable. the method i described for cutting puts the floor all the way up to the trunk's edges, all the way around the piece, and you don't see that it is raised. read before you criticize.

"Whattaya lookin' at? You're all a bunch of fvcking assholes. You know why? 'Cause you don't have the guts to be what you wanna be. You need people like me. You need people like me so you can point your fvcking fingers, and say "that's the bad guy." So, what dat make you? Good? You're not good; you just know how to hide. Howda lie. Me, I don't have that problem. Me, I always tell the truth--even when I lie. So say goodnight to the bad guy. Come on; the last time you gonna see a bad guy like this, let me tell ya. Come on, make way for the bad guy. There's a bad guy comin' through; you better get outta his way!"

Omarvelous is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

If i understand what your asking, what i would say is, use one big piece as the baffle. Not just the actual "Baffles".

? does that make sense to you?

Like build a floor and cut out the mount, and you could even mount a baffle ring top or bottom for more support shall u feel the need.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The floor and baffle are all one piece

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Ive already started, ive already got everything figured out, so no more replys are needed.

Closed Thread

User Tag List