Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Box Design MB Quart RWE-352 x4

joelp88 is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Box Design MB Quart RWE-352 x4

Alright so I'm working with a 02 Acura RSX. The space I have is roughly 40" wide x 27" deep x 16.5" high. I originally wanted to do a ported enclosure but decided with 4 subwoofers of almost any size, I wouldn't have enough room for the needed vb. So I've decided to have some fun with these MB Quart subs.

MB recommends 1.5cf vb per sub, but since they're sealed and I'm used to ported I want to slightly oversize the box and put in some stuffing to lower the resonant frequency of the box. That should reduce the power handling of the sub right?

If someone can help me, I just want a simple large sealed box with 4 chambers all about 1.7cf vb, but I'm not sure what size each chamber should be really. I'm tuning for SQ mostly but will bump it for fun sometimes, which is why I want 4. I'll be using 3/4" MDF. Can someone throw up a design / response chart tuned for SQ? Also I used a Mac and dont want/have Bootcamp or VMware/Parallels, so I can't use WinISD.

SpeedEuphoria is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Box Design MB Quart RWE-352 x4

Why not just start with the recommended box size then add polly fill to see how it changes it. I dont think you would want to do both

03 Dodge Stratus Coupe SXT
    89 Dodge Spirit 10's or Bust!!
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2641801

joelp88 is offline Junior Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'd just like the tuning frequency to be lower than most sealed, and because I can afford to back off on power handling because I have enough headroom from the subs I would think slightly oversizing the box would be good, plus the only information I can find on the subs show people using slightly larger boxes but that said, I am REALLY new to box designs so I appreciate any opinions. Maybe like 1.6, then add polyfill if needed?

I'm also looking for suggestion on fitting 4 15" subs on a 27x40 baffle, since it isn't possible. I don't know what combination of angles I could use to get it to fit, or if I'm stuck with three subs. Not knowing and not being able to find the diameter of the subs, assuming it's 16" total I'm stuck with something like this (top view, straight down, of the baffle, the lines are where I'd have to build walls, none of the chambers are build to volume its just a graphic representation).
    Last edited by joelp88; 08-19-2010 at 02:35 PM.

ThatChevyGuy is offline i heart Jager

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Those subs get low sealed, thats what they are made for anyway

REFS:
    Squeak9798, Kumbos310w6, BigBangTheory, Jmanpc, MillzThaYungin, WLDock, -Leister-, ThomasG, J31Rob (and a few more I have forgotten)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spider Monkey View Post
    eat my asshole you insignificant bastard child of a retarded dingleberry cunt wrinkle fuck toy
    Quote Originally Posted by subzero View Post
    her pussy better be that nicest pussy you ever ever ever had. she better suck, swallow, jack off, eat ass and snatch, make sammiwich, do yard work and fix the vehicals while nude. Because a bitch like that is definately gonna cause alot of stress in your life, even thou she keeps your wallet and your balls drained.
    Quote Originally Posted by 05fronty View Post
    bitch you better swallow and not make a mess

Closed Thread