Closed Thread
Results 1 to 12 of 12

Reload Thread: Need new table saw, ideas?

  1. #1
    bhsdriller's Avatar
    bhsdriller is offline CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    bakersfield,ca
    Posts
    4,491
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    344 Post(s)

    Need new table saw, ideas?

    My table saw's getting kinda old and i'm wanting to get something new. Something that can rip wide pieces is a plus. Looking for something around $500...can you get anything decent for that price?

    thanks



    Team Flex Issues
    4 18" Mayhems
    2 bc5500's


    Bought from: ameduce(x2), Hatchet_Warrior, jeeper07,DB_DRAG_SPL,ssackett, lyttleviet,MillzThaYungin, blackbonnie, ryan1126, Goindef154(x2), Lonnie, dave_damage

    Sold to: Ilovebass, nismos14, chednompton, teen, jonesy




  2. #2
    fasfocus00's Avatar
    fasfocus00 is offline doITdaWHITEwayORdoITtwice



    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    New Orleans, LA
    Posts
    5,410
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    357 Post(s)

    Re: Need new table saw, ideas?

    if you can find it, Ridgid makes a really nice one for that price. Craftsman has one too. I've been eyeing the Craftsman for a while but waiting to pull the trigger.


    http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_00921833000P



    Here is my feedback Thread: http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showth...ght=fasfocus00

    "If you ain't cheatin', You ain't trying"

  3. #3
    on1wheel01's Avatar
    on1wheel01 is offline Bang A Lang



    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Mooresville nc
    Posts
    2,738
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

    Re: Need new table saw, ideas?

    u could always get a nice longer rip fence that attaches to any table saw



    REFS
    bought from nismos14,lask48180,wu501,teamsolo,thegreatestpenn, 1phatclipse,lorilee8284,Louisiana_CRX,woofercooker ,97maxima,Bad4Health
    sold to sotogrip,bobby32,rgplayer,mxer657,deathpenalty18,C ahm Rohn
    traded with grimreper912003,5cr4ppy
    1999 Durango 2 Memphis Mojo 15's Audiopipe ap3k
    4 Date Safe 75 ah batts Alpine hu. Lots of wangin

  4. #4
    bhsdriller's Avatar
    bhsdriller is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    bakersfield,ca
    Posts
    4,491
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    344 Post(s)

    Re: Need new table saw, ideas?

    ^thanks...the craftsman one looks pretty nice. I'll have to go check it out

    anybody else?



    Team Flex Issues
    4 18" Mayhems
    2 bc5500's


    Bought from: ameduce(x2), Hatchet_Warrior, jeeper07,DB_DRAG_SPL,ssackett, lyttleviet,MillzThaYungin, blackbonnie, ryan1126, Goindef154(x2), Lonnie, dave_damage

    Sold to: Ilovebass, nismos14, chednompton, teen, jonesy

  5. #5
    bassman3's Avatar
    bassman3 is offline Box Designer & Fabricator



    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    446
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Re: Need new table saw, ideas?

    I'v been in woodworking for a while now and craftsman is usually in the lower end of quality compared to Dewalt, Rigid etc. I would suggest looking Rigid's contractor saw, very very good saw.



    Dustin

  6. #6
    psych0ticnemes1's Avatar
    psych0ticnemes1 is offline Psych0tic Customs



    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Behind You
    Posts
    5,823
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    172 Post(s)

    Re: Need new table saw, ideas?

    If you can find a Ridgid contractor saw, go for it. I think they are out of stock for now until they bring back the granite top saw or come out with a new model. The new Porter Cable at Lowe's is very nice for the price and won't disappoint. I went with the Hitachi C10-FL earlier this year because it was on clearance and honestly, it wasn't much different than the Porter Cable other than the PC has a 36" rip and the Hitachi has a 24" rip. Also the PC has a riving knife which is a very nice feature in a saw. Both have decent caster systems if you need it to be mobile in your shop. Other than that, they are identical.

    I would stay away from mobile saws unless you need it to be mobile. A "contractor" saw or hybrid tends to be a bit beefier. Also I don't know if dust collection is an issue for you or not, but be sure to check that out too.

    I have heard that the craftsman isn't on par with the others I have mentioned concerning build quality but for the price it may be worth a look.

    Whichever saw you buy make sure you take the time to assemble it properly and go through the necessary tune-up procedure. Align the fence with the blade, make sure the blade is exactly 90 degrees to the table, etc. It won't come perfect out of the box.

    Good luck.

    -Psych0



    References:

    Ali1, michaellane, cadillac114, chasinSKURT, DaRevrin, rhuff80, sam yung, The215, tukn18s, Xenophontos,nuboot,jfitz97,LuckyDerDer 2x

  7. #7
    BassMechkanic's Avatar
    BassMechkanic is offline the OLD in Old School



    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Tampa, FL
    Posts
    410
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    21 Post(s)

    Re: Need new table saw, ideas?

    if i were to buy a fixed saw, it would only be a Delta, with a unifence.




  8. #8
    psych0ticnemes1's Avatar
    psych0ticnemes1 is offline Psych0tic Customs



    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Behind You
    Posts
    5,823
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    172 Post(s)

    Re: Need new table saw, ideas?

    Quote Originally Posted by BassMechkanic View Post
    if i were to buy a fixed saw, it would only be a Delta, with a unifence.
    Not for $500 you won't.



    References:

    Ali1, michaellane, cadillac114, chasinSKURT, DaRevrin, rhuff80, sam yung, The215, tukn18s, Xenophontos,nuboot,jfitz97,LuckyDerDer 2x

  9. #9
    ramos's Avatar
    ramos is offline Still learning



    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Virginia
    Age
    49
    Posts
    10,329
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    104 Post(s)

    Re: Need new table saw, ideas?

    Quote Originally Posted by psych0ticnemes1 View Post
    Not for $500 you won't.
    F#$@ If I could find them for that price I would buy several lol



    5 % equipment
    90 % install
    5% beer

  10. #10
    psych0ticnemes1's Avatar
    psych0ticnemes1 is offline Psych0tic Customs



    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Behind You
    Posts
    5,823
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    172 Post(s)

    Re: Need new table saw, ideas?

    Quote Originally Posted by ramos View Post
    F#$@ If I could find them for that price I would buy several lol
    You bet your ***! The fence system is almost $500 on its own.



    References:

    Ali1, michaellane, cadillac114, chasinSKURT, DaRevrin, rhuff80, sam yung, The215, tukn18s, Xenophontos,nuboot,jfitz97,LuckyDerDer 2x

  11. #11
    ramos's Avatar
    ramos is offline Still learning



    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Virginia
    Age
    49
    Posts
    10,329
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    104 Post(s)

    Re: Need new table saw, ideas?

    Quote Originally Posted by psych0ticnemes1 View Post
    You bet your ***! The fence system is almost $500 on its own.
    I just got a bc50 for $399 on sale and thought that was a steal



    5 % equipment
    90 % install
    5% beer

  12. #12
    bhsdriller's Avatar
    bhsdriller is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    bakersfield,ca
    Posts
    4,491
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    344 Post(s)

    Re: Need new table saw, ideas?

    Quote Originally Posted by psych0ticnemes1 View Post
    If you can find a Ridgid contractor saw, go for it. I think they are out of stock for now until they bring back the granite top saw or come out with a new model. The new Porter Cable at Lowe's is very nice for the price and won't disappoint. I went with the Hitachi C10-FL earlier this year because it was on clearance and honestly, it wasn't much different than the Porter Cable other than the PC has a 36" rip and the Hitachi has a 24" rip. Also the PC has a riving knife which is a very nice feature in a saw. Both have decent caster systems if you need it to be mobile in your shop. Other than that, they are identical.

    I would stay away from mobile saws unless you need it to be mobile. A "contractor" saw or hybrid tends to be a bit beefier. Also I don't know if dust collection is an issue for you or not, but be sure to check that out too.

    I have heard that the craftsman isn't on par with the others I have mentioned concerning build quality but for the price it may be worth a look.

    Whichever saw you buy make sure you take the time to assemble it properly and go through the necessary tune-up procedure. Align the fence with the blade, make sure the blade is exactly 90 degrees to the table, etc. It won't come perfect out of the box.

    Good luck.

    -Psych0
    good info thanks....gonna see if I can find a ridgid



    Team Flex Issues
    4 18" Mayhems
    2 bc5500's


    Bought from: ameduce(x2), Hatchet_Warrior, jeeper07,DB_DRAG_SPL,ssackett, lyttleviet,MillzThaYungin, blackbonnie, ryan1126, Goindef154(x2), Lonnie, dave_damage

    Sold to: Ilovebass, nismos14, chednompton, teen, jonesy

Closed Thread

Similar Threads

  1. System ideas... Give me some ideas...
    By RetroAudioinc in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 04-28-2009, 01:06 AM
  2. Table Saw
    By BuckyBoy in forum Enclosure Design & Construction Help
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-10-2007, 08:00 PM
  3. table saw...table..build log
    By mikey060 in forum Enclosure Design & Construction Help
    Replies: 58
    Last Post: 05-06-2007, 07:53 PM
  4. table saw
    By k12ug in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 03-30-2007, 07:36 PM
  5. table saw
    By saywhat? in forum Enclosure Design & Construction Help
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 08-10-2004, 11:12 AM

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
1e2 Forum