Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    202 Post(s)

Chevette Front Stage

Ive been busy at work on the little SH*ter for the past few weeks. Work has been slow mainly due to it being neglected for 3 years but I can finally say that I am off to work on the stereo. I have the big three done with a 4gauge run to the back (I have 1/0 just no need for it atm) and a CDA 9855 for the deck and some crappy pioneers to keep the quiet out. I would tell you more about it but Its not important right now. I have little room in the kicks for speakers (where they are right now though unfortunately) and no room in the doors. I will have to make baffles for them obv but I havent done this before.

I need help with doing this cheap and getting the speakers pointed right/ using the right materials.
    I am down for glass but I havent done it before. My plan was to cut some MDF rings and bondo around that, then either just paint it or vinyl/carpet it.

I have a rotozip, plenty of mdf and want to use 5 1/4s. Im not sure how to get them to curve up short of sanding for a long period of time.

Refs: mrmakinmoves[SCAMMER] AKA ICHASEPAPER2010, skydeaner, fukinmovin, mossberg385t, grimreper912003, LBC99, Dbeez, Michaellane, thegreatestpenn, truckstoy, ge_off_me, btr, cupid6969, johnprdeye, jh8909, tylerj, UMWDawg92, nu2spl, zerosktr111, SPLAUDIO, $LICK CALIFA$, jfroghobo

http://www.execution-audio.com/

ramos is offline Still learning

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    104 Post(s)

Re: Chevette Front Stage

for aiming there is no better tool than a couple sets of ears. Cut your rings or baffles out for the drivers. Then get yourself a few hand towels or kitchen towels. Use the towels to set the drivers in, using the towels to block the back side of the drivers ( keep the waves seperated). Throw them in the car and listen. keep adjusting the aim until you get the sound stage your after.

5 % equipment
    90 % install
    5% beer

nateberrier is offline ******

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    202 Post(s)

Thanks. Once I find the right angle how do I get them to stay there while keeping it sealed? just sand one of the baffles untill its at the angle i want? smash some kind of putty around it?

Refs: mrmakinmoves[SCAMMER] AKA ICHASEPAPER2010, skydeaner, fukinmovin, mossberg385t, grimreper912003, LBC99, Dbeez, Michaellane, thegreatestpenn, truckstoy, ge_off_me, btr, cupid6969, johnprdeye, jh8909, tylerj, UMWDawg92, nu2spl, zerosktr111, SPLAUDIO, $LICK CALIFA$, jfroghobo

http://www.execution-audio.com/

mossberg385t is offline Love Train

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

we should probably just have coop help us make new kicks

Quote Originally Posted by CarAudio.com Admin View Post
    Please send your tithes of 10% to my paypal. Thou shall worship thy goob.
    IA 40.1, Nakamichi PA350, Arc audio 6.5s 2 way active (1986 Alphasonik x-over) Audio Control three.1, Kenwood KDC-X592, TREO SSX based 18: 8 layer flat wound copper coil w/ dual SS former, 3 medium nomex spiders built by SPLaudio and repaired by myself and Harshaw for optimal sexiness and performance.
    team Dbeez MECA as3 db3

☞2218☜ βθπ βν

ramos is offline Still learning

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    104 Post(s)

Modeling Clay works well to hold the angles. But it all depends on how the kicks are built. Not all kicks are fiberglass blobs in the floor.
    Here is a naked pic sans carpet and grill from my car to give you an idea of what I'm saying. That is a 5 1/4" mid in the kick with zero loss of foot room

5 % equipment
    90 % install
    5% beer

Closed Thread

User Tag List