Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

Question about box built to specs for 12" Alpine Type-R's

I'm putting in two Type-R 12s in an 02' Chevy Trailblazer. I know that the quality of the box is just as important as the quality of the subs. I looked on ebay for boxes and found this one that looks pretty nice:
    PORTED SUB BOX ENCLOSURE for 2 Alpine Type R 12s FLUSH - eBay (item 260587807718 end time May-17-10 13:12:04 PDT)

I looked at the guys other items for sale and he has custom boxes for different subs.. but all the specs are the same meaning that these boxes aren't so custom.... I asked him, "Is this box custom made for Type-R's? All the other boxes you have on here that are "custom" to subwoofers have the same specs..."

He responded:
    "all the subs are pretty much the same(mid-level) and require the same specs for the most part, but I do alter the box by adding an inch here or taking and inch away there but i am certain that I don't have to alter the dimensions AT ALL for the type Rs."

Does his story check out? Thanks in advance.

Odd-io is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

Re: Question about box built to specs for 12" Alpine Type-R's

1.7 cubes per woofer is pretty much okay for quite a few of the 12 inch subs. The R's seem to be pretty much optimum in 2.5 cubes each. Wouldnt be 'choked' in 1.7, but could be better.

2001 Mustang Bullitt #3345
    HU: Panasonic Frontstage: 6.5" cdt-61a Amplifier: Kicker 350.4 Sub: 18" RE '05-style xXx 4.2^3 sealed Amplifier: IA 20.1 Processor: AudioControl EPIC-160 Wiring: knu
    2005 Ram 2500
    HU: Alpine Frontstage: 6.5" cdt-61a Rear fill: 5.25 Kicker KSAmplifier: Kicker 350.4 Sub: 12" Kicker Comp (temporary console) Amplifier: eD Nine.1 Processor: AudioControl EPIC-160 Wiring: DIYMA, Stinger

Closed Thread

User Tag List