Closed Thread

Reload Thread: ustom G35 Coupe Trunk Build with Pics. Advice/Opinions.

ConradoR is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

ustom G35 Coupe Trunk Build with Pics. Advice/Opinions.

I got tired of my ghetto trunk setup for my Alpine TypeR and Audiobahn A1000T. So after trying to get some inspiration looking at the custom setup threads, I started mine.

Before:

The Box was taking too much space, and it just looked bad.

During:

I don't want to loose access to my spare, so this is the first stage of figuring out how big of a compartment I need to be able to still get to it

That box is the template of the amp inside a box with plexiglass on top. I want it to make it flush, but in the beginning I thought it would be too big, so this is what I came up with

Already with the compartment floor

There will be two compartments. This one will give full access to the spare, and will go up with two dampers on the sides. The spare tire hole has already been made bigger to allow the tire to be removed easily.

Opposite to the sub wall, this wall will be made to create symmetry, but will be another compartment so that I don't have to use the trunk net all the time.

I kinda help to keep some of the costs down since my family is in the wood business. Here's our factory/my after 5pm install shop

Progress (day 2)

Started to make the pieces out of 5/8" Ultralight MDF (the sub box will be 3/4)

Progress (day 3)

Questions:

I am now trying to come up with the exact measurements for the sub box. I has to be 1cubic foot according to Alpines Specs. Does it matter if the back of the box is all weird asymmetrical walls? I won't be able to make a simple cube cause it's not enough space, so it will be a bunch of pieces of mdf glued together to make up the perfect amount of chamber space. (Ps. I don't wanna use fiberglass)

Do I have to dynamat the whole trunk? It's expensive and I haven't had rattling problems with this system since it's fairly conservative. I was told I can just use spray-on rubber, and it will have similar results.

Do I have to stuff the sub box with polyfill? I read that it helps with the sound quality for an uneven box like this one will be.

Will be amp overheat inside the box? Right now the assembly is hollow underneath the amp rack, and has some space for air flow around the amp, but no van blowing directly towards it.

Last one...What do you guys think?? Anything I should make differently?

Thanks

nateberrier is offline ******

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Re: ustom G35 Coupe Trunk Build with Pics. Advice/Opinions.

You can grab 120mm computer fans for super cheap at newegg.com or ebay or microcenter if you have one. Have them pulling the air out of the box, that would help quite a bit.

For the sound deadner I think you will be ok if your infiniti is anything like my last one was. Thing had more limo deadner than a limo haha. Course all that mdf could end up rattling on you. Just have to wait and see.

Im no box expert either but if Im not mistaken adding polyfill to the box with decrease the total area and you might need extra space

Refs: mrmakinmoves[SCAMMER] AKA ICHASEPAPER2010, skydeaner, fukinmovin, mossberg385t, grimreper912003, LBC99, Dbeez, Michaellane, thegreatestpenn, truckstoy, ge_off_me, btr, cupid6969, johnprdeye, jh8909, tylerj, UMWDawg92, nu2spl, zerosktr111, SPLAUDIO, $LICK CALIFA$, jfroghobo

http://www.execution-audio.com/

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

^Nateberrier,
    thanks for the reply, ill look into the computer fan. Should it blow the air towards the amp or **** it away? (that sounds kinda weird)

Polyfill actually helps decrease the necessary area for a sub, up to 40% depending on the size of your box/ how much polyfill you stuff in it.

on1wheel01 is offline Bang A Lang

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Looks good so far. I just built a box for a guy with a g35 for 2 10's. Those things can get loud.

REFS
    bought from nismos14,lask48180,wu501,teamsolo,thegreatestpenn, 1phatclipse,lorilee8284,Louisiana_CRX,woofercooker ,97maxima,Bad4Health
    sold to sotogrip,bobby32,rgplayer,mxer657,deathpenalty18,C ahm Rohn
    traded with grimreper912003,5cr4ppy
    1999 Durango 2 Memphis Mojo 15's Audiopipe ap3k
    4 Date Safe 75 ah batts Alpine hu. Lots of wangin

nateberrier is offline ******

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Ive never messed with poly fill, I might look into that for my current box as its a little tight. As for the fans have them **** air away from the amp, you could have two blowing in on one end and two sucking out on the other. 120mms will get some air moving though.

NEW Antec TriCool 120mm 3 Speed Control Clear Case Fan - eBay (item 250604826261 end time Apr-25-10 19:22:40 PDT)

120mm Dustproof Aluminum Fan Filter Stainless Mesh - eBay (item 290420856783 end time May-02-10 05:21:51 PDT)

You can get offbrand fans and different color ones but antec is probably one of the better quality. Coolermaster or Thermaltake works too. Those mesh guards are a good idea in a car as things can get dusty. Plus they look kind of cool.

Side note. you can use a paper clip to short out an old computer PSU and use it to power a hu and a few speakers.

Refs: mrmakinmoves[SCAMMER] AKA ICHASEPAPER2010, skydeaner, fukinmovin, mossberg385t, grimreper912003, LBC99, Dbeez, Michaellane, thegreatestpenn, truckstoy, ge_off_me, btr, cupid6969, johnprdeye, jh8909, tylerj, UMWDawg92, nu2spl, zerosktr111, SPLAUDIO, $LICK CALIFA$, jfroghobo

http://www.execution-audio.com/

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

thanks, ill be buying two antec 120mm's.

Can I sandwich a fan with 2 fan filters? Or should I just use it on the side that ***** air? I don't have much space in that compartment to be able to make a very clean install of these regarding dust control, they will be just mounted with a bracket facing one side of the amp and another one on the other side channeling the air flow.

Louisiana_CRX is offline dem shoes......

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

It should sound good

Current 2010 Louisiana USACi State Records :

Trunk 0-1000.................. 151.3
    StreetBeat 2................... 145.6
    Stock 1801-up.................153.8
    SuperStock 1801-up..........154.2
    Top three in 11 out of 26 power classes and Louisiana USACi Points Leader at 465

Closed Thread