Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Water's affect on resin?

Chris02NeonSXT is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Water's affect on resin?

I was working on my fg box today out in the rain. It's going to be really cold this week, so I figured I had to finish my fiberglassing today. I made a little tent with a tarp under my deck and went to town. But while I was making the tent I had my box (covered in the fabric I was about to resin) sitting under the deck uncovered, so there were a few spots on it where it had gotten wet. now it seems that those are the spots that have not hardened. Also, it I just went out to check on it, and it seems that some water had dripped in on it, from the cardboard box I had it in. Is this thing ever going to harden? Or has the water screwed it up? Is there anything I can do to fix it? I had a shed and a little electric heater. I think I will be putting it in the shed with the heater tomorrow with hopes of drying it out. Should this work?

Thanks,
    Chris

LoneRanger is offline Old Yamahas Give Me Wood

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Water's affect on resin?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris02NeonSXT
    I was working on my fg box today out in the rain. It's going to be really cold this week, so I figured I had to finish my fiberglassing today. I made a little tent with a tarp under my deck and went to town. But while I was making the tent I had my box (covered in the fabric I was about to resin) sitting under the deck uncovered, so there were a few spots on it where it had gotten wet. now it seems that those are the spots that have not hardened. Also, it I just went out to check on it, and it seems that some water had dripped in on it, from the cardboard box I had it in. Is this thing ever going to harden? Or has the water screwed it up? Is there anything I can do to fix it? I had a shed and a little electric heater. I think I will be putting it in the shed with the heater tomorrow with hopes of drying it out. Should this work?

Thanks,
    Chris
    it should still dry out okay, but as you've noticed it's going to be a lot slower. next time take a hair dryer to the wet spots before you resin them.

"There is no 'I' in Tag Team"

Project 'rex: Coming Soon to An Eardrum Near You

Closed Thread