Closed Thread

Reload Thread: can someone please help me with building a box for my single cab? a few questions to.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

can someone please help me with building a box for my single cab? a few questions to.

ok so i want to build a box my first attempt was pretty much a fail as i dont know what im doing when i t comes to it nor do i know how to build a box to any kind of specifications? not to say the box isnt actually pretty strong it was made out of chip board which i know i know doesnt carry sound waves well and project bass well i pretty much built it out of boardom and to see if i could do it tho. NOW im getting more serious. i want to build a box for 2 10" Audio Q street duty sub woofers i really like the sound of 2 10" subs over a single 12 being they seem to have a crisper sound faster response and just sounds less sloppy. would you even recommenced 2 subs for the air space i have being a single cab truck? my amps will have to go in my camper shell there is no way around it. i think i want to make an adjustable port i think it can dump out below the seat or would that be a bad place to have vent? the thing is i have no idea how to build anything to what size its suppose to be or how to even really make a box the way they are suppose to be made. my dad is a general contractor so i have access to any tool ill need including air compressors nail guns drills skill saws jig saws levels squares tape measures table saws to name a few. anyway rag on me if you will here is my first box (attempt) i built out of messing around just so you can get an idea of about how big (or small) the box can be the one in the pic is the biggest i have to work with tho i guess i could go taller? ohh be sure to make fun of the "ports" too

[IMG]http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l139/az-201/IMG_0681.jpg[/IMG
    ]

Mattd0344 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: can someone please help me with building a box for my single cab? a few questions

uhhh...

Use MDF or birch for you box....and use this site to help you design it.

RE Enclosure Calculator

As for box size, per 10" will need about 1.2-1.7cuft and for a 12" you'd need 1.7-2.5cuft

Two 10" subs wont sound any better than a 12" no matter what anyone has told you...they will just sound louder due to more cone area.

I would post more info..but your paragraph is pissing me off...

REFS
    Sold to: krazykarl, power-fanatic07, Ellsworthz, jhughes, bornintothis, RetroAudioinc, tuck05, 813thumper, Kaaialii, 09Alti, kodak314/sostl, Worstenemy453, hrtbrk1, jjbeenken, Inferno333, jesuspunk25 and jamesw
    Bought from: sundownz, ls2poweredgoat, and blue200sx
    Traded with: dB-r, skateguy92 and 5.3bowtie

Team Shok

DieselFanatic is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: can someone please help me with building a box for my single cab? a few questions

right i know that box is TOTALLY trash im not gonna use it like i said it was for fun i had the stuff lying around wanted to do get a general idea. also i found this image floating around and was thinking hmm maybe if i build 2 twin boxes or one box with the same thing on the other side mirrored

DieselFanatic is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mattd0344 View Post
    uhhh...

Use MDF or birch for you box....and use this site to help you design it.

RE Enclosure Calculator

As for box size, per 10" will need about 1.2-1.7cuft and for a 12" you'd need 1.7-2.5cuft

Two 10" subs wont sound any better than a 12" no matter what anyone has told you...they will just sound louder due to more cone area.

I would post more info..but your paragraph is pissing me off...

yeah cool thanks that helped i have enough space for 2 10's. also if i had to go with 1 frequency that really hits low would 32 be a good one to go with?

Closed Thread