Closed Thread

Reload Thread: SPG-555 cutout question

04silverz is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

SPG-555 cutout question

Trying to do the cutout for the baffle for this bad boy and am running into a problem. Using the template from BA website and have the length and width measurements down but am unsure about how to figure out the curved part. Anyone have ideas/tips?

refs (from sounddomain):gerald, resonant18, puppettmaster, steedaSVT, george diaz, minimum 40, blaze1foo, negative3five
    ca.com: foxpro5, cd6551, dgr00s, 95stroked1500, 00maxima, vipervenom18, alxmlr789, Killa Camry, GA95DCMSS, cyoung88, grimreper912003, 6spdcoupe, kraudio12, MHd2000, king nothing, stephens30228, mclerico83, hip3, mylows10, fieryhooligan, plyer3, 2lo2flo, trumpet, stereohead69, 99_olds_aurora

diyma: bikinpunk, funkPnut, dman, joehemi57

CACO:coolysteve, etznova, Nori808, lowbass, edouble101, p928gts1, rdlyn13000

on1wheel01 is offline Bang A Lang

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Re: SPG-555 cutout question

By curved part do you mean sub cut out lolz? Find out the cut out diameter either ge ta circle jig on a router or free hand it with a jig saw.

REFS
    bought from nismos14,lask48180,wu501,teamsolo,thegreatestpenn, 1phatclipse,lorilee8284,Louisiana_CRX,woofercooker ,97maxima,Bad4Health
    sold to sotogrip,bobby32,rgplayer,mxer657,deathpenalty18,C ahm Rohn
    traded with grimreper912003,5cr4ppy
    1999 Durango 2 Memphis Mojo 15's Audiopipe ap3k
    4 Date Safe 75 ah batts Alpine hu. Lots of wangin

O.G. D-Wet is offline []D [] []v[] []D

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by on1wheel01 View Post
    By curved part do you mean sub cut out lolz? Find out the cut out diameter either ge ta circle jig on a router or free hand it with a jig saw.
    x2

zerosktr111 is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I think this is a weird sub that is like an oval or some **** If that helps you guys...

spltuscon is offline Kick-*** box builder

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Look at the template again...it shows you the radius for the curve. Use a circle jig for a router (Jasper jig is best) and set it to double the radius. So basically you do 2 round cutouts with the center point offset and connect them with a straight cut.
    It is a pain in the @ss though...I'm building one for a customer right now and I swear people that come up with oval and square subs have never built a box in their life! Talk about slowing down the building process...plus BA's listed cutout doesn't match the template dimensions! I called them and they told me to go by the template.
    Hope that helps!

Dave The Box Guy

154.4 db USACi Stock 601-1800- NH S.R. 2009
    152.4 db legal in WCP1 TNESPL 2010
    150.9 db legal in Stock 1 NESPL 2010
    150.5 Street C Db Drag 2010

2010 Woofer Cooker Pro 1 champ
    2009 NESPL Competitor of the Year

O.G. D-Wet is offline []D [] []v[] []D

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by spltuscon View Post
    Look at the template again...it shows you the radius for the curve. Use a circle jig for a router (Jasper jig is best) and set it to double the radius. So basically you do 2 round cutouts with the center point offset and connect them with a straight cut.
    It is a pain in the @ss though...I'm building one for a customer right now and I swear people that come up with oval and square subs have never built a box in their life! Talk about slowing down the building process...plus BA's listed cutout doesn't match the template dimensions! I called them and they told me to go by the template.
    Hope that helps!
    LOL well supposedly the oval and square = more cone area so... it's a trade off. If you don't want to build the box, then dont get the subs... or plan on paying extra out of pocket for having someone else slave over that $hit lol

Wingman0121 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

If you really want to make sure then get a piece of thin cardboard, eye out the approx. dimension of the round magnet and cut a circle out of it so the cardboard fits on the sub. Keep trimming it until it sits nice and flush on the back on the sub and use that as the cutting template with the help of a ruler and a compass.

It's always good to go small the first time because if it's too big then you're phucked.

Closed Thread