Closed Thread

Reload Thread: First box Need help

CtotheODY is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

First box Need help

So im lookin to create a wedge box. This is my first attempt at making a box and im new to this whole car audio scene. My question is what would be two good 10'' subs to put in a sealed box with these dimensions:

Depth- 12''
    Wide-30''
    Tall-17''

In my mind i have a basic idea how i would go about doing this but i need help with the sub part. Thanks for any and all help.

BTW- Sorry if my question is unclear and not really focused. I didnt know how to word it.

PioneerSPL1990 is offline IM FER REAL!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: First box Need help

two tc oem 10's on here get those *****es.

REFERENCES: Bland, TeamXSSChris, TBH1 SOLD TO: Therum, JKD, Talon09, Thorshammer1, Delan, psychoacoustics, rosshimself13, splaffair, hoboham, dvldogyut, undeadxsunshine, big_way32, perfectcircle, aeroportspwn, kraudio12, biggen_bd, Aldundra, SoCalBean420, ludeman, carlos_g313, JOHNJOHN485,beatnbronco,mecabassboy, HelloImBobBOUGHT FROM: t3audios_160sdbjeep, DefJ, twistedchild420, bassAddictJ, Infamous_e46, benzmansl65amg, sub2weeker, RetroAudioinc x2, SPLBlazer, TeamPSI, SPLAUDIO, orangecounty1, akmarcos20gauge TRADED: banginbigdodge, One Bad MOFO, Ge_off_me.
    I ♥ USPS
    YESSIR

psych0ticnemes1 is offline Psych0tic Customs

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Is there a reason you have to go with a wedge box? Your first box should probably be square, if at all possible lol. Then work your way up to a wedge design, unless you're already handy with woodworking.

References:

Ali1, michaellane, cadillac114, chasinSKURT, DaRevrin, rhuff80, sam yung, The215, tukn18s, Xenophontos,nuboot,jfitz97,LuckyDerDer 2x

CtotheODY is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by psych0ticnemes1 View Post
    Is there a reason you have to go with a wedge box? Your first box should probably be square, if at all possible lol. Then work your way up to a wedge design, unless you're already handy with woodworking.
    well i want to go with a wedge design because in my trunk the seats are at an angle so i want the box to fit in with that angle. Also those dimensions will make it so that it fits in between my wheel wells without taking up my whole trunk. And making a wedge is easy its just getting the particle board thats the hardest part and thats easy to get.

psych0ticnemes1 is offline Psych0tic Customs

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Use MDF. $28 a sheet or so. Particle board will break down over time, at least it does for me.

References:

Ali1, michaellane, cadillac114, chasinSKURT, DaRevrin, rhuff80, sam yung, The215, tukn18s, Xenophontos,nuboot,jfitz97,LuckyDerDer 2x

Closed Thread