Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

mits eclipse

i have a mitsubishi black 2000 eclipse, i am looking to build a custom box, and i would like to know what i would need and any design ideas. I am a huge newbie when is comes to this stuff so anything you know would help a lot, whether it be the basic stuff or complicated. size for the box, i heard i might need to put something in this box, i don't know please help me and anything would be great.

Thanks Boop

Boopas

car: eclipse
    2 12" MTX
    Regular sealed box.

BulldogSr04 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: mits eclipse

measure the maximum dimensions of the trunk. do you mean custom by ported or by something with plexiglass that looks nice or what? use the search feature on here and you will find lots and lots of info

boopas is offline Junior Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

well i want something that looks nice, when i open up my drunk peoples jaws drop, but with in my price range. probably ported but i don't really know how to do it. in the mean time i will check out the search and keep sending those messages thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Heres an idea. Get one of the 04 XXX's when they come out w/ the chrome on the back, make a box with a plexiglass window and stick a baby blue neon in it. Get a hifonics bx1500 with the baby blue hifonics and mount it with a baffle over it to hide the wires. theres lots of setups that look cool if you look around you can find them.

nosaj070 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

i think the best way to get jaws to drop is with a fiberglassed trunk, if done properly and carefully it will look very good. Can build your amps into it as well. Porting it can be extremely tricky, so if you were to go that route sealed would probably be better. if you search through cars on www.sounddomian.com or www.cardomain.com you will see many different examples, it really does look awesome if you can afford to give up your trunk. You could also build a spare tire enclosure, well im not sure if the eclipse has this, but if the spare tire is in the trunkunderneath a board, you remove the tire (hope you don't get a flat) build a frame out of wood, fiberglass the whole thing, then build a new board that has a hole for the sub in it, granted its a bit more complicated than that,but does loook good, and can normally get about 2^3 ft out of it. that probably got confusing haha, but if you want some realtime help feel free to contact me on aim: nosaj070
    -Jason

Alpine CDA-7995, A/D/S 3 Series Comps, ED 8A, SoundStream Reference 604, 98 Civic Sedan
    AIM: nosaj070

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

ok thanks for the info it has helped a lot, thinking about the fiberglass box sealed, and that taking out the wheel thing, no thanks. seems a little to complicated for my liking. And what would you think a green light instead of a blue one. i like green and its what i want for color. but what exactly is this 04 XXX's is it an amp or a sub or box, or what, like I said i am pretty new to all this stuff. And any ways i can build this box myself or would it be easier to just buy one. thanks a bunch you are helping a lot.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

heres the 2004 xxx http://forums.caraudio.com/vb/showthread.php?t=45281 its a ****** sub. i say if you have the room do a 15 and if you want to do the fiberglass thing, its a lot of work but if you have the time then do it. if you dont have any wood cutting tools it is worth it, just pay for somebody to make you a speaker ring when you do it all. read up on the fiberglassing tutorials on the top of this forum. the reason i said go w/ light blue is because if you get a hifonics 1500 (amp) it has a baby blue light up that says hifonics and it looks pimp. if you are set on the green, you can get an xtant amp, those look really cool. just keep reading about different setups heres some things to read about - false floors, false walls, plexiglass, fiberglass, motorization, baffle boards, if anybody else has some other things to search about then just leave a msg on here.
    also, it wouldnt be that complicated to do a ported box if you have the room out of fiberglass. just make a ring for 2 port tubes and make sure it can be long enough and measure the volume w/ packing peanuts then get somebody to figure out your port length with the volume and size of the ports you will be using.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

aight thanks man, if i have any more questions, i will ask, if you get this, talk to me online some night, i am on almost all the time, if you have AOL let me know something else, name is boopas8778. ok thanks

Closed Thread