I believe this is the proper category for the second half of my questions. For my two 12's I have been thinking of a ported enclosure, but I need some help figuring out how many cu. ft. it needs to be, if it would be better in one big open space or if the subwoofers were separate, and what frequency it would best be tuned to. I am leaning more towards the SPL side, but I don't want to sacrifice all of my SQ, I just want it really loud. Also because of the blowthrough design for the truck, I would prefer the ports to be in the middle of the box.
American Bass VFL Series DVC Subwoofers
* Dual 3" 6 Ohm High Temperature Voice Coils.
* 1.4" Wide Multilayer Foam Surround for Better Stable Linear Exclusion.
* Non-Pressed Black Treated Paper Cone.
* Vented Deep Bumped Back Plate
* 180 Ounce Double Stacked Magnet Structure
* Dual Black Mirror-Image Spiders For Linear Stability.
* Sleeved High Power Tinsel Lead Wires to resist Lead breakage.
* Blackened Motor Parts for Superior Heat Dissipation & Long Life
* Hyper extended Pole Piece Increases Accuracy, raises Induction.
* Deep Bumped Back Plate to Increase Power Handling.
* Uni-Rubber Gasket for Airtight Seal in Mounting.
#VFL12 - 12" 1500 Watt Woofer
* 750 Watts RMS
* 180 Ounce Magnet
* Efficiency: 91.75dB