Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Need a bit of help...I **** at math

Lonnie is offline 6'6 White Giant

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Need a bit of help...I **** at math

Well stuff to do with Geometry and measurement. Which is why im forced to take a Basic Algebra+Measurement class right now lmao. Havent really covered enough for me to accurately calculate or even understand some of the terms. Whats really throwing me off is wtf is depth? And how exactly does tuning a ported box work?

Wanting to put 2 12" Type Rs in my trunk in a ported box. Was told a Prefab ***** so yea. Just took a few measurements of my trunk space...went to the RE enclosure calculator and its asking for depth...wtf?

Measurements are 42" X 14" X 22"

Knew I should have payed attention in geometry in high school lmao. Then maybe I wouldnt be going wtf? Also would be taking Auto Body right now instead of a **** measurement class.
    Last edited by Lonnie; 09-09-2009 at 07:01 PM. Reason: Added in depth

gladiator_jai is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Need a bit of help...I **** at math

25?

Feedback Thread - http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=313522

TurdFergueson2 is offline Team D.O.A.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You got like little over 9 cubic feet to work with.

Sold to: Rc10Mike, Philpbak, pbnj123, WALKSUP, silvercookie, Sir Smoke Alot
    Bought from: Korn4life, chaunb3400, fasfocus, mlstrass, Bumpin Buick, wheeler8921, annarbor84

Quote Originally Posted by Cameron_B View Post
    I pulled into the trailer park at around 3 am bumping my sony xplod 12 on sony amp. **** SLAMS!!!!!! Anways, I pulled up and it got all the girls wet.....I guess im an uncle and a dad now
    Don't listen to all the haters, their shiz doesnt knock...EDIT: Ohh yea, and by the way....before you haters start mouthing, I got my SLAB from wall-mart....that ish doesnt bang it XPLODES. Yea..I run sony... Schoche -SP box with 4 inch PVC downfiring into pasenger wheel well. 5-6 inch streamers...

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

O WAIT

Just figured out what depth was I think. Isnt it the distance from the back of the trunk to the front? Well not going to fill the entire trunk up but if thats it then its 22". Also just figured out the port size determines the frequency. Wow just answered my own questions...

JimJ is offline Tangled Up in Blue

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Three dimensions...length, width, depth...

TurdFergueson2 is offline Team D.O.A.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

7.5 cubes then

Sold to: Rc10Mike, Philpbak, pbnj123, WALKSUP, silvercookie, Sir Smoke Alot
    Bought from: Korn4life, chaunb3400, fasfocus, mlstrass, Bumpin Buick, wheeler8921, annarbor84

I pulled into the trailer park at around 3 am bumping my sony xplod 12 on sony amp. **** SLAMS!!!!!! Anways, I pulled up and it got all the girls wet.....I guess im an uncle and a dad now
    Don't listen to all the haters, their shiz doesnt knock...EDIT: Ohh yea, and by the way....before you haters start mouthing, I got my SLAB from wall-mart....that ish doesnt bang it XPLODES. Yea..I run sony... Schoche -SP box with 4 inch PVC downfiring into pasenger wheel well. 5-6 inch streamers...

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ok so if I make a box to the exact dimensions that can fit in my trunk it would be 7.5 cubic inches?

Specs says this:

Ported Box Volume (cubic feet) 0.75 - 2

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_500SWR1...ures_and_specs

So then each sub area would take up .75"^3 to 2"^3 of space which would leave 2"^3 of space left. Is that too much? Well the port area would take up some...really just plan on doing it simple it keeping the same design as a prefab lol. With the port area in between the 2 subs. Or is that a bad idea?

Also with the tuning...site says it has to be no lower than this:

Fs (Hz) 29

I think I read that 36Hz is better for the type of music I listen to...which is metal/rock. I do listen to a little rap but its really just Fort Minor. Their are some metal bands that have deep hitting base though which is why I decided on a ported box over a sealed. But yea is 36Hz right? How high above 29 can it be? A lot of questions but HEY ive always been told you wont learn a **** thing unless you know how to ask questions.

Closed Thread