Closed Thread

Reload Thread: ports

xxxbasshead is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

ports

when porting a box do u guys make the port out of 4 separate pieces of wood or use the walls of the box as the walls of the port?

Car: 1991 Honda Civic Hatch
    HU:
    Front stage: Image Dynamics xs6.5 and tweeters
    Speaker Amp: Image Dynamics q450.4
    Subs: 4 Shok Triton 15s
    Sub Amp: Orion 2400xtr pros
    Electrical: boss load ho alt, yellow cap under the hood, 4 weker deep cycle batts
    bought from: evilsaint, gymfreak101, J31Rob, Valant_94gt,amartin_72, Audiofreak
    Sold to : lmllopez, roxj
    Traded with: LoggedOut, 99grandprix,DS Autosports,jasonjs,pieper88

jdawg is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Re: ports

both

refs
    woc47, nigro013, defconx3, louisiana_crx, bld 25, supa_c, lancer1978, sxkicker89, 310w6, more, i forget

hazardous0388 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

depends how cool you want the box to actually look. you can use a wall of the box as a wall for the port itself. or if you want to get fancy you can add a piece of wood on the inside of a wall to make the port seem like its not on the direct edge of the box. all of these those will still require the proper calculations during the design process to work correctly.

refs: zeuslicious(Christian)x8---nomad40---shallowfu---adio---pioneerpimp---fiercetimbo17---hayden---BLD 25--flakko---R-sosa----denim---woc47----lilmaniac2(Chad Kevin motha ****in Hicks)----newtitan---IgnoreMe(George)---JBGabriel---BuddyChrist----KingRanch---assman---MitchZ---JoeSmith502---The Low x2---Fiery---dragnix---tapout -383---splguru---sq wat 4---PimpDaddyq---Mr_Imperial---AbsoluteAudio---KHARPS---Sotelomichael---dt053---cmobley---SomeDonnieDude---ax600---SQcrewcab--Zachfeen--Power-Fanatic07--t4r505--

"You almost had me? You never had your subs. Ask any bass racer. Any true bass racer. Its not about how much a piece of equipment costs. Its how you install it."

xxxbasshead is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

cool thx i made a design on bass box pro and got the cut sheet and they have it as four pieces seprate for the port but i think ima use the walls of the box since it is my first ported build no need to get fancy

Car: 1991 Honda Civic Hatch
    HU:
    Front stage: Image Dynamics xs6.5 and tweeters
    Speaker Amp: Image Dynamics q450.4
    Subs: 4 Shok Triton 15s
    Sub Amp: Orion 2400xtr pros
    Electrical: boss load ho alt, yellow cap under the hood, 4 weker deep cycle batts
    bought from: evilsaint, gymfreak101, J31Rob, Valant_94gt,amartin_72, Audiofreak
    Sold to : lmllopez, roxj
    Traded with: LoggedOut, 99grandprix,DS Autosports,jasonjs,pieper88

Closed Thread