Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Reload Thread: 149.9 bassracer box help?!?!?

SPLluminator is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)

149.9 bassracer box help?!?!?

Now im deciding on enclosures. Im going to be running 4 sonance v.2 15's in a wall in a cutlass supreme(newer body style). I was leaning toward 14 cubes @ 30hz, around 150" port space. Or idk anything about bandpasses so maybe someone could chime in on them. My main concern is to be able to do a 149.9 bassrace. Id like it to have a FAIRLY flat response up to around 75hz down to around 30hz. Steve said he did it with a 3.5cft box tuned to 30hz. Any other suggestions on enclosures?

~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Equipment for sale-220A alt, Eminence Delta 10" speakers, BNIB MB Quart Q4.80, (2) IA 20.1's (Newest Version), SI BM Motor w/ Basket, (2) Deka Intimidator G31 Batts, 2 RD Sonance 15's with baskets (need recone).
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Refs: Scott S, hornedfrog1985, dsmdan, Newageking, DBboom, R/T Pimp, SQcrewcab, Bumpin Buick, tangelo95, fearof85,
    coma_toast, Blackga, spy, LouisianaCRX, Oxsign, etc...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    55 Post(s)

Re: 149.9 bassracer box help?!?!?

might need a little higher tuning than 30 htz. and alos 150 sq inches of port?!?! thats only like 10.xx inches per cube. u want like 15 or so. try about 210 sq inches of port

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I ran bass race 2 years ago in a Buick Regal in the 49.9 class I burped a 155.5. I had 4 15's 2 MM4000.1's in a 22cf wall with 309sq inches of port. Port was in the center and the 15's on the sides. I played from 36-63hz flat withing 3db. If you want some help pm me.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by basscort2009 View Post
    might need a little higher tuning than 30 htz. and alos 150 sq inches of port?!?! thats only like 10.xx inches per cube. u want like 15 or so. try about 210 sq inches of port
    Thats what steve recommended. I said the same thing too. Maybe ill do more. See what others have to say.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Equipment for sale-220A alt, Eminence Delta 10" speakers, BNIB MB Quart Q4.80, (2) IA 20.1's (Newest Version), SI BM Motor w/ Basket, (2) Deka Intimidator G31 Batts, 2 RD Sonance 15's with baskets (need recone).
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Refs: Scott S, hornedfrog1985, dsmdan, Newageking, DBboom, R/T Pimp, SQcrewcab, Bumpin Buick, tangelo95, fearof85,

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Team WP Bill View Post
    I ran bass race 2 years ago in a Buick Regal in the 49.9 class I burped a 155.5. I had 4 15's 2 MM4000.1's in a 22cf wall with 309sq inches of port. Port was in the center and the 15's on the sides. I played from 36-63hz flat withing 3db. If you want some help pm me.

Thats pretty dang good. I used to be just a burper but i never got good numbers out of a trunk and it always left me wanting more. So im just gonna go for sounding good, loud, and low lol. Pmed

~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~

mlstrass is offline Shaggy DOA

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1169 Post(s)

Steve recommends small ports for those subs and the alphas, not sure why. I'm doing 4 18's in a wall and same thing, 9-10^2 per cube. I'll know sometime next week just how that works out when I get the guys' car done and he can meter it.

DDbump had 4 of the alpha 12's in a wall and was right around a 150, so he really had to push it to do the 49.9 class. Having 15's should help...

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mlstrass View Post
    Steve recommends small ports for those subs and the alphas, not sure why. I'm doing 4 18's in a wall and same thing, 9-10^2 per cube. I'll know sometime next week just how that works out when I get the guys' car done and he can meter it.

DDbump had 4 of the alpha 12's in a wall and was right around a 150, so he really had to push it to do the 49.9 class. Having 15's should help...
    Yea, idk that im completely convinced on the small port idea tho. I really think ill do at min. 12in per. Another issue is if i tune at 30hz, the port is gonna be long as fawk with more port space.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~

mlstrass is offline Shaggy DOA

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1169 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SPLluminator View Post
    Yea, idk that im completely convinced on the small port idea tho. I really think ill do at min. 12in per. Another issue is if i tune at 30hz, the port is gonna be long as fawk with more port space.
    Only thing I really don't like is if you ever decide to change subs the enclosure is pretty much worthless with so little port area.

I'm building this one per Steve's recommendations, so I'll know late next week.

Unless you want to go first and be the guinea pig

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mlstrass View Post
    Only thing I really don't like is if you ever decide to change subs the enclosure is pretty much worthless with so little port area.

I'm building this one per Steve's recommendations, so I'll know late next week.

Unless you want to go first and be the guinea pig
    Nah. Dont have the subs yet. Or the car lol. Getting the car thurs. Getting the subs within a week or two.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~

skmfkr is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

i would tune to 35hz and 200 square inches of port. either way if u cant bass race a 49.9 with 4 15s in a wall u should probly just retire lol

'08 Ford Escape XLT
    2 12" DC XL's + 2 RD D9s
    Selenium and Crescendo on AQ4X90

anj46907 is offline No Longer Truckin

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by skmfkr View Post
    i would tune to 35hz and 200 square inches of port. either way if u cant bass race a 49.9 with 4 15s in a wall u should probly just retire lol
    wise words mista miyagi

skmfkr = the miyagi of car audio

thegreatestpenn is offline lazy genius

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    32 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SPLluminator View Post
    Thats pretty dang good. I used to be just a burper but i never got good numbers out of a trunk and it always left me wanting more. So im just gonna go for sounding good, loud, and low lol. Pmed
    don't give up on getting a trunk loud!!!! it is hard, but if you keep at it you can do it! I was the same way about my civic, couldn't get over 140 at the headrest for 2 years. Now that I've broken that barrier 150 is in my site. You just have to put the time in.

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/buyer-seller-feedback/401249-thegreatestpenn-feedback-thread.html
    2k2 honda civic
    summer build
    audison sr4 on focal polyglass 165vb components active
    soundstream rubi1.2500d on dc lvl4 xl 18
    pioneer deh-80prs

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)

Lol im thinking the same thing(about the retiring lol). I just really love the lows so i wanted to tune really low. Im not 100% on the tuning. But i just wanna make sure i can play decafs **** without killing the subs lol.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~

skmfkr is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

it shouldnt be a prob my box is tuned to 37hz and could play the 27hz note in put on just fine. now with my epicenter hooked up it has a 33hz SSF and i can play this one song thats slowed and its 26hz. but i said 35hz cuz i dont really care much for tuning any lower

'08 Ford Escape XLT
    2 12" DC XL's + 2 RD D9s
    Selenium and Crescendo on AQ4X90

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)

it shouldnt be a prob my box is tuned to 37hz and could play the 27hz note in put on just fine. now with my epicenter hooked up it has a 33hz SSF and i can play this one song thats slowed and its 26hz. but i said 35hz cuz i dont really care much for tuning any lower
    Maybe since your the "the miyagi of car audio" ill tune to 35hz. Itll seem really low anyways cuz the lowest ive ever tuned a box was 40hz lol.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

User Tag List