Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    170 Post(s)

Help on how to build a wall

Hey guys I need expert help, I searched the Internet and forums for stickies but seemed to can't really find out any info on how to build a wall

I'm putting two dd 9515 g in a 97 jeep wrangler does anyone know any links or can offer any advice on how to do this or had experience in putting one in a jeep? Any input s greatly apprciated thanks!

Big six

modskwod is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

Re: Help on how to build a wall

Make sure you use ALL available room. Like make the box as wide and tall as possible in your space. Make sure you use a Lot of bracing, and use great stuf expanding foam around the outside of the wall to completely seal off that part of the cabin. Most people like to make a beauty panel also. No one wants to look back and see foam lol. Good luck!

d-REW is offline tuTWENTY

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

and take a ton of pics so i can see how you did it so i can learn how to.

Refs: Rashaddd, SotoGrip, ProjectPechkin, Walled Taurus, Just303, tenbux1970, tmasco, Worstenemy45, blazron22z

MisterGrubbs is offline Kinda Old School

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Honestly, search around here, CACO, DIYMA, and as many places as you can towards builds. I know there's quite a few on here as well as on CACO with builds. Look at what they've done and take note.

You want to start by building an exterior frame and making it as STRONG as possible, that's the best thing to remember. overbuild the frame

From there, it's simply trial and error.

Good luck, keep us updated.

Educational session for you retards of the forum:Use there when referring to a place, whether concrete or more abstract. No kove, I will not come over there. Use their to indicate possession. Members of this forum have lost their minds. Remember that they're is a contraction of the words they and are. They're all idiots!

References(Some of them):SteveyHustle, PepsiFiend69, SubNoize05, BushJ311, Mrray13, Hintzyboy, dbubble, 528hz, Twisted_0912, RKPsk8er
    Ebay: 35+ 100% Feedback Paypal: 14+ Verified

BigSix is offline Whippin the Bass

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    170 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by modskwod View Post
    Make sure you use ALL available room. Like make the box as wide and tall as possible in your space. Make sure you use a Lot of bracing, and use great stuf expanding foam around the outside of the wall to completely seal off that part of the cabin. Most people like to make a beauty panel also. No one wants to look back and see foam lol. Good luck!
    Well a couple of years ago I took out the back seat and I had 4 l7's in two seperate boxes stacked on top of each other and it was the loudest **** I ever heard but it wasn't professional looking or anything it was ghetto but loud
    i sold all the equiptment and now I want that back....I just started building boxes so this will be my second box... Since the backseat is out , I took measurements and between 10-12 cubes to play with but what I puzzled at is how to make the trim panels outside that is gonna be flushed with the interior on the sides of the box....

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    170 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by d-REW View Post
    and take a ton of pics so i can see how you did it so i can learn how to.
    Will do

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    170 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MisterGrubbs View Post
    Honestly, search around here, CACO, DIYMA, and as many places as you can towards builds. I know there's quite a few on here as well as on CACO with builds. Look at what they've done and take note.

You want to start by building an exterior frame and making it as STRONG as possible, that's the best thing to remember. overbuild the frame

From there, it's simply trial and error.

Good luck, keep us updated.

Believe me grubbs I have spent the last few weeks looking at builds on here, diy, termpro, but no one really explains how to cut the trim panels to the cars shape and how to seal it on by the panels but I guess the only way to learn is by experience so I def keep u guys posted!

mlstrass is offline Shaggy DOA

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1169 Post(s)

if you have the room the box can be built outside the vehicle which is MUCH easier.

Once it's in place and secured down use 1/2" MDF for the trim panels. I use cheapo poster board to cut out templates to follow the interior body lines. No real tricks, just takes time. Might take 2-3 smaller pieces, then just transfer that to the MDF and break out the jigsaw.

Unless you plan to seriously compete there's no need to use foam to make everything air tight. Just fit the panels as tight as possible.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1169 Post(s)

One "trick" I've used is to put weatherstripping foam tape on the ends of the trim panels and the carpet over that. Lets you push the panels tightly agianst the interior and helps to seal better...

grimreper912003 is offline <- getting a jAy eL 21W8

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mlstrass View Post
    One "trick" I've used is to put weatherstripping foam tape on the ends of the trim panels and the carpet over that. Lets you push the panels tightly agianst the interior and helps to seal better...
    I like this idea

Bought/trade: TheLow, Nova76, nate2587, Black3SQ, hessdawg, Rockmo, kovemaster559, GearGuy2001, Bones22, dbman150, notoriousroc1, fasfocus00, canyouhearmatt, pelekeliko, Plyer3, justadork2u, sundownz,kasimo420, Zeuslicious, reynardmc22, Haunz, ciaonzo x2, 350Regal x2, Worstenemy453, woofercooker x2, annarbor84, 99Bonney, K_Schutte + MORE

Sold to: illbmeubu, MTXman, sctattooer, MTX520, AlexJB, dropped mazda, annarbor84
    Nova76 Scammer

Quote Originally Posted by Worstenemy453 View Post
    Lmao i texted him to tell him bout a thread and he said, cant lulz, im at a tity bar. You ********* lulz.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    170 Post(s)

if you have the room the box can be built outside the vehicle which is MUCH easier.

Once it's in place and secured down use 1/2" MDF for the trim panels. I use cheapo poster board to cut out templates to follow the interior body lines. No real tricks, just takes time. Might take 2-3 smaller pieces, then just transfer that to the MDF and break out the jigsaw.

Unless you plan to seriously compete there's no need to use foam to make everything air tight. Just fit the panels as tight as possible.
    Thanks man that is exactly the info I was looking for.... The top comes off with ease so there is no problem building the box outside the car and dropping it in from top and I do not intend to compete ....just a daily groundpounder ... Thanks again for the info

bigsix

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1169 Post(s)

I've done 5 this year so far and am starting another wall on Monday for 4 18's. Building them inside the vehicle *****, but that's usually the only way to do it. For your 1st one being able to build it outside the vehicle is nice.

Assuming you can reach the sides of the box when putting on the trim panels then use some 1/8" x 1" strap aluminum to attach the trim panels if they'll be angled or just use big "L" brackets if they fit flush with the front of the box.

Search under my screen name as you should find pics of 3-4 that I've done, but not many build pics, mostly finished ones.

If you have any specific questions shoot me a PM as I'd be glad to help...

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    170 Post(s)

I've done 5 this year so far and am starting another wall on Monday for 4 18's. Building them inside the vehicle *****, but that's usually the only way to do it. For your 1st one being able to build it outside the vehicle is nice.

Assuming you can reach the sides of the box when putting on the trim panels then use some 1/8" x 1" strap aluminum to attach the trim panels if they'll be angled or just use big "L" brackets if they fit flush with the front of the box.

Search under my screen name as you should find pics of 3-4 that I've done, but not many build pics, mostly finished ones.

If you have any specific questions shoot me a PM as I'd be glad to help...
    Will def do.... Thanks for the help bro

Closed Thread

User Tag List