Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Box design website

Trancer is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Box design website

I just ran a search and came up with nothing. There are alot of threads asking, hey, whats that website that does this or that.

I havent been in to car audio for a while, but my gf just purchased a Maxima and she wants me to do the entire stereo for her which means I have to build my 20th box.

I use to use this program that I would just punch in the demensions, add in the port, hz and it would give me the demensions to cut out each piece in different colors like.. the back would be red, left and right would be yellow, port piece A would be blue, etc...

This is the program I use to help me with the other programs that I use in order to come up with my perfect box. Anyone know what this one is? Please dont tell me its the subwoofertools.com one, since I searched and found out it was down.

And no, I do not want you to design a box for me. Im wanting to play around with the numbers to my liking.

I used this program to design my first real custom enclosure. Dont be too judgemental on it. I was 19 and it was my first real custom trunk

07 black Yamaha V-Star FI 1300. 08 GMC Sierra QC SLE2 Texas Edition
    Rockford Fosgate 3Sixty.1, Focal Utopia Components, Focal K2P Components with Digital Designs T1 Tweeters, Audiopipe AQX-360.4, Audiopipe 3001D
    References: 21: DesertHeat, Ravens9322, Netherland24, Insomniac119, killahbean, Charlieee, Dustin19, djman37, dirthog, JayRich, JimJ, RassyMX, Slayerx, smgreen20, lyttleviet, RAM_Designs, Gingerbreadman, DarkHart, cwill5, Imtjnotu, Bettr n' Revrse

Quote Originally Posted by GeekSquad View Post
    Make the port as large and as round as possible. For example, a square port is more round than a rectangular one; an octogonal port is more round than a square port. Also, keep the number of ports down to one, if possible.

SomeGuyDude is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Box design website

Not what you're talking about, but I like http://www.reaudio.com/speaker_box/LPort_Box_Calc.html for helping to design. And best of all it gives you the board dimensions at the bottom.

And now... now, what joy will I have left to live for?

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Hey, that helps! Thanks! If I cant find that specific website, that will be the one I use. I hear its not 100% accurate, but its alot better than going by my math. :-)

Rockford Fosgate 3Sixty.1, Focal Utopia Components, Focal K2P Components with Digital Designs T1 Tweeters, Audiopipe AQX-360.4, Audiopipe 3001D
    References: 21: DesertHeat, Ravens9322, Netherland24, Insomniac119, killahbean, Charlieee, Dustin19, djman37, dirthog, JayRich, JimJ, RassyMX, Slayerx, smgreen20, lyttleviet, RAM_Designs, Gingerbreadman, DarkHart, cwill5, Imtjnotu, Bettr n' Revrse

Make the port as large and as round as possible. For example, a square port is more round than a rectangular one; an octogonal port is more round than a square port. Also, keep the number of ports down to one, if possible.

misfit138 is offline a whole new type of aids

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

The calculator on www.reaudio.com is pretty decent if you're interested in building an L-Port enclosure.

www.rockfordfosgate.com has an enclosure wizard as well, but it mainly calculates air space once you put in your dimensions.

I shot out muh mom's vag with bossing papers in hand.

fbi90909 is offline Panty Thief

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

pencil and paper

i will not put **** or outside links in my signature again. if i do i will be banned. all hail the moderators.

SomeGuyDude is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

All Rockford's does is tell you internal volume of a sealed box, which really anyone can do if they've got the geometry Wiki page open.

And now... now, what joy will I have left to live for?

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yeah Ill be doing an L slot port. Ill actualy be putting the port in the middle, but I can make the adjustments necessary.

dappa5 is offline DO WORK! (if u can)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

JUST DOWNLOAD BASS BOX 6 PRO AND THEN USE SKETCH UP TO MODEL IT woops cap lock lol ftw but if you have built 20 boxes (excuse me i meant 19) then you shouldnt need any "SPECIAL"programs design it /plot it /model it /and then build it

feedback thread

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showth...appa5+feedback

lol the moderators here are GODS word to the wise
    "don't cross them lol

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Well its been a while and the boxes that I have built, I have used the procedures that I have in place and works really well. I have a certain way of building ported boxes. :-)

Thanks for the advice. I forgot about the Bass Box program.

Closed Thread