Closed Thread

Reload Thread: tuning problems

Moocow16 is offline Master of Puppets

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

tuning problems

My friend just purchased a 10" Infitiy Reference series sub off ebay for a grand total of $38.51 (he's a big spender). i promised i'd make a box for him that would do what he wanted it to, which was sound decently clean, and be loud enough to basically brag about and hear outside the car. I realize that this is a mere 10" infinity, but when your on a budget, you play with the cards your dealt. SO, i pulled up some info on the sub, and infinity reccomends to use a ported box, 1.75 cu. ft. tuned to 28 hz. assuming that the sub and port will take up internal space, i upped the internal volume to 2 cu. ft.(plus it was easier to design a box, 1x1x2) and upped the hz to 30, since it would allow me to have a shorter port that wouldn't end up touching the back of the box. i ran this through WinISD alpha and it said (with inputed dimensions of 1.25x6.5") that the length should be 9.76". He is buying a used 400W RF amp from a friend to use. i guess my real question after all of this is will this actually sound good? is this box too big? any suggestions? we've already started making it, so if i messed up somewhere we'll have to start over again, but it's better to do this right and be happy with it than to do it wrong and be pissed about it. Here are some pics of what we've done so far http://www.neons.org/forums/viewtopi...=937367#937367

bigred78797 is offline Audiobahn Junkie

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: tuning problems

hmmm. I guess it would depend on the quality of how the box was made and on the quality of the sub. I put a 10" pioneer premier into box that was over 3 ft^3 tuned to around 37 and it... was really really loud and really really clear.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

well i guess we'll just have to see how it turns out then. thanks. i'll let ya know how it goes. we should have the box finished by this sunday hopefully and the sub should be here monday or tuesday. (UPS ROX )

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jmac
    400 watt RF amp + Infinity Reference + Ported enclosure + "need" to show-off = Blown sub within a month ...
    hehe, yeah, that's probably true. i told him he'd have to keep the gain down so as not to blow the sub, but he's already lost his lisence once for street racing, so i doubt he's going to listen to me if he doesn't even listen to the laws. oh well, if he blows it, it was only $40.

Closed Thread