Closed Thread

Reload Thread: ED 12" K -series

Corrupted is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

ED 12" K -series

their website says 1.5ft^3 tuned 28hz...
    i would like to know if someone could help me make this box a LITTLE smaller but maybe get the same effects out of it (maybe use some of that box fill people talk about.. *SHRUG*)

i just need ideas, i drive an '03 mustang and the hole to get boxes in is REALLY small..

my tempest will be useless in any box that has a hope of fitting in there, so i'm gonna ditch it for an EdK12

so i'm looking for a single vented box and have no idea where to start to maybe take an inch off the height and maybe the width and still keeping the 28hz tuning and not making the box too small

i have no idea how WinISD works and it appears to be using meters and stuff which i have no idea mean size wise :P

please help

jws95hardbody is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: ED 12" K -series

Ok for starters, polyfill will only make a SEALED box think it is bigger, doesn't really do anything to help a ported box. And most subs don't like undersized boxes to well....

As far as WINISD goes, just click on the mm or m beside each box and you can scroll thru diff. ones, like inches and feet........

And last of all, how about building the box inside the trunk, yes it will be a b*tch but It can be done..........oh yeah and who needs a spare anyways, right!!!!!!........LOL.

You may even be able to place a notch of sorts, placed in a well thought out area, in the box for the top edge of truck hole to slip into so the box will slide in........not sure if you will understand what I am trying to say about this last one but if ya get the idea,.............cool,.........if not, I don't know what to say.....LOL.........

Hope this helps some......

Tirefryr is offline PoonTang Addict!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Re: ED 12" K -series

Build a box in the trunk of an SN95! Man, you'd have to be a contortionist. It's tight in there.

Corrupted, do have the Mach 1000 or 460 system, or just the regular set-up?

Closed Thread