Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Will People On this site make me a box..i have the Dimensions but i dunno if right

TheRookie is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Will People On this site make me a box..i have the Dimensions but i dunno if right

I am getting an 15 inch XXX with the Hifonics 1500..i hear thats a good one for that sub...i need some1 to build me a box that really nos what there doin..this would be the biggest box som1 could make for me...15 and 1/2 is the height...the width is 34 inches and the length is 18 and a half inches...is that a good size box for the XXX or would smaller be better.i want ported of course...i have money and i hear lone ranger makes boxs...i dunno help me out

Trixter is offline Keepin it Simple

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

Re: Will People On this site make me a box..i have the Dimensions but i dunno if right

With the dimensions you gave your looking at 4.5cu' before any displacement. Depending on what kind of box you would want (SPL/SQL) would determine the port size and it's displacement. (I have a 5cu' box for my B-15 and is 4.5cu' after displacement...it set up for SQL.) If you could get it around 4cu' that would be a pretty good size. Look at the LoneRanger's post on here for his site and prices.

2006 Jeep Liberty
    Adire Audio 15" Brahma running off Cadence A7hc, Clarion hu, MB Quart 6.5s and 5.25s running off old school Punch 800a4

146+db @ 38hz with 1200w and a single 15"

Lv = [(14630000 x R^2) / (Fb^2 x Vb)] - 1.463R
    *Vb = vol. in cu"
    **R = sq.rt. A / Pi (for square/slot port)

LoneRanger is offline Old Yamahas Give Me Wood

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Will People On this site make me a box..i have the Dimensions but i dunno if right

Quote Originally Posted by TheRookie
    I am getting an 15 inch XXX with the Hifonics 1500..i hear thats a good one for that sub...i need some1 to build me a box that really nos what there doin..this would be the biggest box som1 could make for me...15 and 1/2 is the height...the width is 34 inches and the length is 18 and a half inches...is that a good size box for the XXX or would smaller be better.i want ported of course...i have money and i hear lone ranger makes boxs...i dunno help me out
    Yes, that will be a very good box for that sub. It's not far off the dimensions I use for most XXX15 boxes.

I'll build it out of 1" MDF for $110 uncarpeted or $150 with carpet. If you'd prefer 3/4" MDF, there's an additional $10 stocking fee.

"There is no 'I' in Tag Team"

Project 'rex: Coming Soon to An Eardrum Near You

Closed Thread