Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 23

Reload Thread: 4th order bandpass, opinions??

  1. #1
    tez4life's Avatar
    tez4life is offline Premium Member tez4life is a Supporting Member of the forum!



    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Mobile, Al
    Posts
    3,909
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    4th order bandpass, opinions??

    Still a work in progress, but here is the basic design,




    Its intended for a pair of Sundown Audio Z15 15s. Specs are as follows,

    4 cubic feet sealed section,
    8 cubic feet ported section with a external port tuned to 45 to 48hz (still up in the air)

    Subs will be inverted firing into the sealed section for better cooling.

    Sounds good? Ive never designed a bandpass before, but I have to give props to G-Monk on here, he gave me alot of tips and pushed me in the right direction.

    Looking for a low end monster, and a clean sounding daily. Any input with the design is apperciated thanks.

    I almost forgot, going in a Crown Victoria trunk, firing through the rear deck.



    2004 Ford Crown Victoria

    Alpine 9887 HU
    Stock 5x7 door speakers

    System is a work in progress.




  2. #2
    dappa5's Avatar
    dappa5 is offline DO WORK! (if u can)



    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    S.W.FL
    Posts
    1,850
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 4th order bandpass, opinions??

    Quote Originally Posted by tez4life View Post
    Still a work in progress, but here is the basic design,




    Its intended for a pair of Sundown Audio Z15 15s. Specs are as follows,

    4 cubic feet sealed section,
    8 cubic feet ported section with a external port tuned to 45 to 48hz (still up in the air)

    Subs will be inverted firing into the sealed section for better cooling.

    Sounds good? Ive never designed a bandpass before, but I have to give props to G-Monk on here, he gave me alot of tips and pushed me in the right direction.

    Looking for a low end monster, and a clean sounding daily. Any input with the design is apperciated thanks.

    I almost forgot, going in a Crown Victoria trunk, firing through the rear deck.

    that is tooooooooo funny I put an almost IDENTICAL enclosure in a crown vic about 6 mo ago wonder is g monk has seen it lol nah j/k but the one i put in that crown vic was 5 ft^3 sealed firing into 8 ported externaly though rear deck
    tuned to 48 made the rear and top pieces out of plexi looks bad azz
    if you do it right you'll love it extreme low end w very little rattle from trunk
    not for spl but great for daily ground pounding g/l
    and yes i'll look 4 pics



    feedback thread

    http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showth...appa5+feedback

    lol the moderators here are GODS word to the wise
    "don't cross them lol

  3. #3
    dappa5's Avatar
    dappa5 is offline DO WORK! (if u can)



    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    S.W.FL
    Posts
    1,850
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 4th order bandpass, opinions??

    found them
    good luck with yours like I said done right you'll love it



    feedback thread

    http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showth...appa5+feedback

    lol the moderators here are GODS word to the wise
    "don't cross them lol

  4. #4
    tez4life's Avatar
    tez4life is offline Premium Member tez4life is a Supporting Member of the forum!

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Mobile, Al
    Posts
    3,909
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 4th order bandpass, opinions??

    Quote Originally Posted by dappa5 View Post
    that is tooooooooo funny I put an almost IDENTICAL enclosure in a crown vic about 6 mo ago wonder is g monk has seen it lol nah j/k but the one i put in that crown vic was 5 ft^3 sealed firing into 8 ported externaly though rear deck
    tuned to 48 made the rear and top pieces out of plexi looks bad azz
    if you do it right you'll love it extreme low end w very little rattle from trunk
    not for spl but great for daily ground pounding g/l
    and yes i'll look 4 pics

    Cool, thats really what im looking for, strong low end. SPL is not that important, car is not the best for that anyway, but wanted a nice sounding daily that drops very low.



    2004 Ford Crown Victoria

    Alpine 9887 HU
    Stock 5x7 door speakers

    System is a work in progress.

  5. #5
    tez4life's Avatar
    tez4life is offline Premium Member tez4life is a Supporting Member of the forum!

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Mobile, Al
    Posts
    3,909
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 4th order bandpass, opinions??

    Quote Originally Posted by dappa5 View Post
    found them
    good luck with yours like I said done right you'll love it


    Very nice, At least im on the right track



    2004 Ford Crown Victoria

    Alpine 9887 HU
    Stock 5x7 door speakers

    System is a work in progress.

  6. #6
    wat's Avatar
    wat
    wat is offline Senior VIP Member



    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    386
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 4th order bandpass, opinions??

    ****. this should turn out good



    Quote Originally Posted by Goob View Post
    Call me 3366482278
    Quote Originally Posted by SSS 18734 View Post
    Make sure to apply the product liberally and then vigorously rub it out. It may take several tries to get the results you want.

  7. #7
    80INCHES's Avatar
    80INCHES is offline EPICENTERGLUED 2 ME



    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    WESTCHESTER, NY
    Age
    33
    Posts
    6,962
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 4th order bandpass, opinions??

    make the sealed chamber 3 cubes and the ported 9cubes
    by doing that u will be able to make the port slightly bigger and maintain the 45hz tuning...

    80




  8. #8
    tez4life's Avatar
    tez4life is offline Premium Member tez4life is a Supporting Member of the forum!

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Mobile, Al
    Posts
    3,909
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 4th order bandpass, opinions??

    Quote Originally Posted by 80INCHES View Post
    make the sealed chamber 3 cubes and the ported 9cubes
    by doing that u will be able to make the port slightly bigger and maintain the 45hz tuning...

    80
    Thanks for the input 80, forgot to respond to this thread lol.



    2004 Ford Crown Victoria

    Alpine 9887 HU
    Stock 5x7 door speakers

    System is a work in progress.

  9. #9
    80INCHES's Avatar
    80INCHES is offline EPICENTERGLUED 2 ME



    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    WESTCHESTER, NY
    Age
    33
    Posts
    6,962
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 4th order bandpass, opinions??

    lol i didnt even see it until that day i posted

    but it should come out nice

    80




  10. #10
    tez4life's Avatar
    tez4life is offline Premium Member tez4life is a Supporting Member of the forum!

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Mobile, Al
    Posts
    3,909
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 4th order bandpass, opinions??

    Only thing now is I may change subs, im currently running a single DC LVL4 18 ported in 5.5 @ 32hz and im digging the subs, I might use a pair of LVL4 15s instead of the Sundowns.



    2004 Ford Crown Victoria

    Alpine 9887 HU
    Stock 5x7 door speakers

    System is a work in progress.

  11. #11
    dappa5's Avatar
    dappa5 is offline DO WORK! (if u can)



    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    S.W.FL
    Posts
    1,850
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 4th order bandpass, opinions??

    dont for get pics /build log



    feedback thread

    http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showth...appa5+feedback

    lol the moderators here are GODS word to the wise
    "don't cross them lol

  12. #12
    tez4life's Avatar
    tez4life is offline Premium Member tez4life is a Supporting Member of the forum!

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Mobile, Al
    Posts
    3,909
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 4th order bandpass, opinions??

    Quote Originally Posted by dappa5 View Post
    dont for get pics /build log

    Of course , if I can ever get this project off the ground. Thanks for the info too, wish I could just bring the car to you, how long would a install like this typical take?



    2004 Ford Crown Victoria

    Alpine 9887 HU
    Stock 5x7 door speakers

    System is a work in progress.

  13. #13
    dappa5's Avatar
    dappa5 is offline DO WORK! (if u can)



    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    S.W.FL
    Posts
    1,850
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 4th order bandpass, opinions??

    a day



    feedback thread

    http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showth...appa5+feedback

    lol the moderators here are GODS word to the wise
    "don't cross them lol

  14. #14
    GearGuy2001's Avatar
    GearGuy2001 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    South Beloit, IL
    Age
    25
    Posts
    2,395
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    2
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Re: 4th order bandpass, opinions??

    Looks sick, youll have to build a false floor on the bottom of the trunk cause Im pretty sure the crown vic like my grand marquis has a slant on the bottom.

    80 helped me design a box for 1 alphamax 15 but I ended up doing 2 ported so my winter project is to do 2 4th order bandpassed

    like 4 cubes sealed and 9 cubes ported at 45hz, with 3-4 6" aero's through the rear deck.



    Team D.O.A.
    2009 BMW 335xi
    System to come?
    References: http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?p=4811364

  15. #15
    dappa5's Avatar
    dappa5 is offline DO WORK! (if u can)



    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    S.W.FL
    Posts
    1,850
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 4th order bandpass, opinions??

    Quote Originally Posted by GearGuy2001 View Post
    Looks sick, youll have to build a false floor on the bottom of the trunk cause Im pretty sure the crown vic like my grand marquis has a slant on the bottom.

    80 helped me design a box for 1 alphamax 15 but I ended up doing 2 ported so my winter project is to do 2 4th order bandpassed

    like 4 cubes sealed and 9 cubes ported at 45hz, with 3-4 6" aero's through the rear deck.

    yeah if you use a 2x4 at rear it will level it out nice



    feedback thread

    http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showth...appa5+feedback

    lol the moderators here are GODS word to the wise
    "don't cross them lol

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may post attachments
  • You may edit your posts

1e2 Forum