Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Need Port Help...

HardHittaz00 is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Need Port Help...

I was originally going to use four 6" aero ports along the top of the box, but now I'm wondering if it would be alright just to make a slot port out of mdf... It'd be a large price difference, but how would it sound? This is going in my daily driver, so I want it to sound good as well as get loud as hell... Should be 13 - 15 cubes, haven't gotten to measure exactly yet. Housing four RE SE 15" with a Hifonics Colossus XXV powering them.

Refs: fasfocus00, loudcartunez, MasterOfAllBass, RyanM923, TerryRacing86, RawDogJ, FocalCirrus, DeadlyCloud, StratusRuiz

dappa5 is offline DO WORK! (if u can)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Need Port Help...

1 slot port along the top will be ok just triple ckeck the math and then ckeck it again

jdawg is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

i like aeros myself

refs
    woc47, nigro013, defconx3, louisiana_crx, bld 25, supa_c, lancer1978, sxkicker89, 310w6, more, i forget

power-fanatic07 is offline Knockin Doors Down

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

or you could do a square/rectangle port in between the 2 on the bottom. somethin like 12x18 would give you 216 sqin of port.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

It will likely cause the tuning to be lower than projected because of the higher friction with increased surface area and non-curved bends.

It's not a bad thing unless you want to know your exact tuning frequency and are competing using sine waves at certain freqs.

REF's
    Quote Originally Posted by cotjones View Post
    to answer someones question earlier.... after 194dBs your car no longer puts out sound, it puts out earthquakes

Current Setup:
    Nakamichi CD-300, Coustic XM-3, Clarion EQS746, Coustic 510-DR, RE RE 6.5" Comps, Powerbass XA-900D, TCON Custom Subwoofer, Ported 1.5 to 30Hz

Future Setup:
    In the works again

WTB: Best Joke - Thread

dappa5 is offline DO WORK! (if u can)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by its_bacon12 View Post
    It will likely cause the tuning to be lower than projected because of the higher friction with increased surface area and non-curved bends.

It's not a bad thing unless you want to know your exact tuning frequency and are competing using sine waves at certain freqs.

again i STRESS ckeck the math and dbl ckck it

HardHittaz00 is offline Senior VIP Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yeah, I don't want to put anything in between the 2 bottom subs, I wanna try to keep it up on top where that mdf piece is... I would love to do aero ports, as I've never had a chance to work with them before, but it's be $155 + shipping to get 4 of them... I just don't want to go through all this work and have it sound like garbage... Hopefully I'll be done with it by the end of this week and I can use the packing peanuts method to find out how many cubes it is exactly... I'm thinking I should take it to about 32 - 35Hz...

Refs: fasfocus00, loudcartunez, MasterOfAllBass, RyanM923, TerryRacing86, RawDogJ, FocalCirrus, DeadlyCloud, StratusRuiz

Closed Thread