Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Is this correct?

95nissanMini is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Is this correct?

Hey all,

I just finished my custom box and installed everything and I am satisfied, but I thought that it would be a little louder than it is or hit lower.

I used a slot port facing up on the back of my box using the back as one side of the port. I have about 60sqin of port and tuned to 34hz. I used the port calculator on carstereo.com and clicked the using slot port option. This gave me a much shorter port length than if not using the option and I thought that this was correct. Did I make a mistake and build a box with a much shorter port length than needed causing the frequency to rise and not hit as low? Or do I just need to play with my settings a bit more and leave it? I am not quite sure what to expect from this setup.

I am using 2 12" 4ohm dvc type-r subs with a hifonics 1210d amp set to 1000w rms. Old *** sony hu. Used knukoncepts 1/0 wiring kit. Box is around 4.6 cuft with port and sub displacement. It is in an extended cab pickup.

So is port length right? or did i fuke it up?

Thanks

alexregalgs is offline FP CUSTOMS Head installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Is this correct?

try entering your calculations into the RE audio Calculator see what numbers it gives u

2006 Mazda Tribute
    HU:Eclipse 7000
    Highs Amp: Eclipse XA4000
    Highs: Alpine 5x7s
    Sub Amp: none(soon to be MB quart 1500D)
    Sub: None(soon to be Team PSI 18)
    Batt: Group 31 120ah

Closed Thread