Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Enclosure for stock class

mbrooky is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Enclosure for stock class

So here's the rundown...buddy of mine wanted to hear how his amp and subs sound in my blazer since he had it running in a trunk car and is thinking of getting an suv type. there is a comp this weekend and was thinkin of running it to see what it hits (his idea) but it's 2 15s in a prefab box...and from the measurements i took it's only 2.5cuft each sub (seperate chambers/port in middle) tuned to about 33hz before sub displacement. they are cvr 15s powered by a hifonics txi1508d. and it hits pretty good. subs/port facing back. i was thinking of building a new box for it but to stay in the stock 0-600 class i need to stay below the window line and that would only give me about 5.3cuft with a slot port tuned to 38hz (not counting sub displacement). subs up/port rear.....(i'm sure i can gain more volume if i use aero ports but not sure what size or length)...now would that make that much of a difference since the volume is about the same but tuned higher? or should i just say screw the stock class and build a bigger box? since they do call for 3-5cuft per sub....

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Enclosure for stock class

anyone??

djman37 is offline SOLID

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

to be louder ON THE METER, you would typically tune higher. i play 55hz for SPL, others go as high as 70hz.

Doug Blohm
    Team Southern Bass

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by djman37 View Post
    to be louder ON THE METER, you would typically tune higher. i play 55hz for SPL, others go as high as 70hz.
    yeah i would like to tune higher but slot ports take up so much air space....

jeremiah is offline edit me but not ****? ok?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

try 2 6" ports about 13 1/2 long that will be about 40hz before sub dis P (in 5.3 cu.ft)

subs 1 18" MJ-18
    amps 1 A3000DB
    speakers memphis PR's
    HU some crape pioneer

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

well sealed up it's up 7 cuft.....so that would be 2 6" ports at 8-9"? or what about an 8" sonotube at 5-6" long? or how would a square port be using mdf to mimic a tube/port? sorta like the design attached....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Enclosure for stock class-6.25cuft%4032hz-dual-12.jpg  

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

so started my build and going to go with a single 10 in square port about 5.25 in long and going by psp port calc that puts me at 48hz using a 7.28 cu ft enclosure. with sub/port/brace displacement should put me in the mid 50hz range with a little under 7 cu ft...sound right?? also how do i calculate port area...would it be only 52.5 sq in?...am i doin that right...so that wouldn't be enough eh...should i got with two 8 in ports 10-11 in long giving about 160 sq in...any insight on this???? am i doin the math righ???

also shot a little vid of the prefab goodness then i'ma shoot another for the new box...hopefully there's a difference lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkn1auLveRQ

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

well didn't have enought time to finish the build...the comp is today...but new box is in works for next time....ran the prefab box and hit a 140.1 using push that lil john...sealed at the kick i might go back up there and see what it hits on test tones...but don't feel like paying another $35....boo...lol

djman37 is offline SOLID

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mbrooky View Post
    well didn't have enought time to finish the build...the comp is today...but new box is in works for next time....ran the prefab box and hit a 140.1 using push that lil john...sealed at the kick i might go back up there and see what it hits on test tones...but don't feel like paying another $35....boo...lol
    dang. that's local for you too. USE the USACi CD and run the SWEEP first, track 19, and see what your peak frequency is.

Doug Blohm
    Team Southern Bass

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by djman37 View Post
    dang. that's local for you too. USE the USACi CD and run the SWEEP first, track 19, and see what your peak frequency is.
    yeah i didn't get a chance to run the usaci cd...was kinda crunched on time as i was stuck with the kids since the wifey got stuck working today only had enough time to do one run while the wife was on her lunch break lol...could've probably taken first in sb3 since 1st place only hit 140.4 but i kept blowin the fuse i had on my sub amp, it's a60 amp bus fuse...should i go bigger? and what size?

Closed Thread