Reload Thread: 95 Mustang GT Box help

EmeraldGT is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

95 Mustang GT Box help

so ive got a 95 Mustang GT with the Mach460 sound system. ive got 2 12" L7's that im looking to put in. ive been messing around with plywood, pieceing it together to maybe get a layout but cant seem to make any decent box to house these subs. any ideas? already tried 1 box in each corner facing each other, and diagonal facing the front of the car. maybe you guys can think of something. working with limited space. dont want to have to remove the factory box for the mach system. let me know what you guys can come up with.

z0n3d0u7 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: 95 Mustang GT Box help

Fiberglass.

84 Chevy Fullsize Single cab: optima red top, 1/0 threwout, Panasonic HU, ID CTX65CS tweets / X-overs, ID OEM 6.5's,(2) Oldschool Orion XTR3 PRO 8's, Orion 1200D and 4002 soon to go in.
    Bought from: duece212 , basebalz13 , UNDERGROUND_BUM , Traksta15

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

id run one sub with the right box.

i drive a 96 convert and the trunks on these cars **** balls

LaserRed38 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dude just pull the Mach stuff. It's crap and it severly limits your box size. That or do a rear seat delete and build the enclosure in the car with subs and port firing into the cabin, but in my experience it won't get as loud that way as if you had the box and ports firing back in the trunk. Just pull the Mach stuff. I'd have some kicks made for some comps; the doors and door panels are rattle traps. Well the whole car is. Rear deck, quarter panels, doors, headliner, back window, seats, dash you name it. Everything in these cars rattle.

2005 Escape XLT Sport
    Alpine CDA-9835 - Audison LRx5.1k - Hertz MLK 2 TM - Hertz ML1600 - Hertz HX300
    Audison Wiring - Optima Red Top - Dynamat Extreme
    Refs
    [Bought from] dcmcki, 90accordman, MikeyB, itzme218, redcalimp5, SVT_RELAMPAGO, Johnny_Drama, RollinGTO, Fast1One, tc3k101, ramk1018, Brian_Smith06, John_Pionke, BigOso, TeamPSI, pickup1, PatFitz9, pro-rabbit, oldschoolboomer
    [Sold to] darqnez, tipnitty, Mugatu0, MrChow, nineball, SocialStealth, macq32, .livin.loud., slappinX, GlassEyez, Jeremy M, Honez
    [Traded with] James Bang, MovnZ28

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i agree. theres not alot of room to do anything in these cars. even with the mach system out im going to be pushing my luck. at this point im not even sure if i wanna waste time putting a system in my car. not with as much hell as it has gave me so far.

LaserRed38 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldGT View Post
    i agree. theres not alot of room to do anything in these cars. even with the mach system out im going to be pushing my luck. at this point im not even sure if i wanna waste time putting a system in my car. not with as much hell as it has gave me so far.
    Trust me man I know the feeling. I was hit a few weeks ago and thought the car was going to be totaled, so I ripped my system out before it went to the body shop. Well it wasn't totaled and now I'm so not motivated to put everything back in, so I'm using this time to upgrade and fix everything I half assed the first time around. You can fit a decent size box for 2 12s in the trunk with the Mach stuff removed. The Mustangs have pretty good sized trunks for a small coupe; it's the openings (rear seats and trunk opening) that **** and are tiny.

2005 Escape XLT Sport
    Alpine CDA-9835 - Audison LRx5.1k - Hertz MLK 2 TM - Hertz ML1600 - Hertz HX300
    Audison Wiring - Optima Red Top - Dynamat Extreme
    Refs
    [Bought from] dcmcki, 90accordman, MikeyB, itzme218, redcalimp5, SVT_RELAMPAGO, Johnny_Drama, RollinGTO, Fast1One, tc3k101, ramk1018, Brian_Smith06, John_Pionke, BigOso, TeamPSI, pickup1, PatFitz9, pro-rabbit, oldschoolboomer
    [Sold to] darqnez, tipnitty, Mugatu0, MrChow, nineball, SocialStealth, macq32, .livin.loud., slappinX, GlassEyez, Jeremy M, Honez
    [Traded with] James Bang, MovnZ28

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i guess i can try taking out my mach 460 box, but the opening on the trunk is also an issue. the box i built just barely. i mean barely fit in the opening to the trunk. glad it was a plywood box that i was just piecing together before i used mdf.

dave_damage is offline Soundstream Nut Swinger

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had 4 12's sealed in my 98 **** space! lol

Refs. --Navi--, andrew2944r, TeamPSI, FASTIMES, connersdad19, bball09124, cccullen, Team H&K, Fusion_FREAK, hemi=22s, ProjectPechkin, DaPinballWizard, FJF, Farmacist, stevexyz, cf2004, fredridge, slam, btr x's2, blackga, ZPilot, moboman, jbizzle, csb41502, davidt487, RyanM923, Blazemore, mrogowski, gordos420, Flipx99, maintrain, Mike., LoggedOut, MonkeyBone, DBBOOM, kubie, lowriderram_95, f150john, 96MaxGLE, focus_in_the_cp, twistedchild420, k_schutte, theMessenjah44, BigE, loud-n-low, nicker10, tapout, basscort2009, blackman, midwestmonstas, Pr1m3, 1phatclipse, Tirefryr, delussional77, michaellane, casper97ta, DC GTP, tenbux1970, existenz, BassAddictJ, sk8luder 97

mustangowner is offline still wangin'

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LaserRed38 View Post
    Trust me man I know the feeling. I was hit a few weeks ago and thought the car was going to be totaled, so I ripped my system out before it went to the body shop. Well it wasn't totaled and now I'm so not motivated to put everything back in, so I'm using this time to upgrade and fix everything I half assed the first time around. You can fit a decent size box for 2 12s in the trunk with the Mach stuff removed. The Mustangs have pretty good sized trunks for a small coupe; it's the openings (rear seats and trunk opening) that **** and are tiny.
    if you unbolt the rear seat "headrest pad" and unbolt the back-seat-backs and pull all of that crap out, the opening from the cabin will open up to about 13 3/4"....this was enough room to get a single 12 in a ported box in there...i still have about 14" from the face of the box to the face of the trunk (near the latch).

the 13 3/4" is only if you have the mach 460 speaker box removed...you only have 11 1/2" height with the box in there....

I made my box 13" tall x 26" wide x 16" deep....just for reference

2000 Mustang GT Coupe (yeah, it's mean)

Headunit -Pioneer deh-p6700mp
    Amp - Power Acoustic A1800db @ 2 ohms
    Subs -RE Audio 10" SE
    Box -at home in a ported box @ 1.5 cubic ft. net tuned to 33 hz
    Components -factory mach 460
    Electrical System -Stock with "BIG 3" (2 gauge wire)
    Wiring -4 Gauge Power & Ground

REFS: Ridnclean, schrummy, hrtbrk1, mr_kebo, Ridinhi, kharps, mk_, corto

Quote Originally Posted by Blunt
    why is it that all these idiots wanna be heard from blocks away? Do you buy your system for everyone else or for yourself?

Kil4Thril is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mustangowner View Post
    if you unbolt the rear seat "headrest pad" and unbolt the back-seat-backs and pull all of that crap out, the opening from the cabin will open up to about 13 3/4"....this was enough room to get a single 12 in a ported box in there...i still have about 14" from the face of the box to the face of the trunk (near the latch).

the 13 3/4" is only if you have the mach 460 speaker box removed...you only have 11 1/2" height with the box in there....

I made my box 13" tall x 26" wide x 16" deep....just for reference
    Agree ^^^^

If you angle the ends of the box, you can also get more width.

Yes, the picture is huge.

2008 Sport Trac
    Kenwood DDX7019
    Kenwood KAC X4R & X1R
    Alpine Type X 177REF
    Sundown Audio SD1v2 (x2)

Closed Thread