Closed Thread

Reload Thread: F150 Center console sub enclosure?

jaredspl is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

F150 Center console sub enclosure?

anyone have any experience with replacing the center seat in the front with a sub enclosure but still retaining the fold down console. wanna put a 12" nightshade in my 2006 f150 extcab.

refs: LiquiClen, toolfan91, matrxx dude, zeuslicious x3, jagblazer01, Assman, FASTIMES, goodie, JrVtecAccord, franz777000, grizzjwill, 22mountaineer, seedubs1, groudpound420, THE LOW, sundownz, hunterw, soloXgt, poundindak69, Viper118, Dwright27, ssackett, dropkick13, pimpinmex803, Incriminator, Stillfly89, K_schutte, TeamPSI, mendon mafia, Flipx99, projectpechkin, shaneb, Worstenemy453, thehardknocklife, oldschoolboomer, psychoacoustics,

Adrianos= SCAMMER!!!

ampresearch is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: F150 Center console sub enclosure?

Quote Originally Posted by jaredspl View Post
    anyone have any experience with replacing the center seat in the front with a sub enclosure but still retaining the fold down console. wanna put a 12" nightshade in my 2006 f150 extcab.

i did it but could not get a sound and design i liked without removing the center console arm rest thing. ended up taking it out. then put it back and ended up doing the whole back instead.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ampresearch View Post
    i did it but could not get a sound and design i liked without removing the center console arm rest thing. ended up taking it out. then put it back and ended up doing the whole back instead.
    what did your design look like?

refs: LiquiClen, toolfan91, matrxx dude, zeuslicious x3, jagblazer01, Assman, FASTIMES, goodie, JrVtecAccord, franz777000, grizzjwill, 22mountaineer, seedubs1, groudpound420, THE LOW, sundownz, hunterw, soloXgt, poundindak69, Viper118, Dwright27, ssackett, dropkick13, pimpinmex803, Incriminator, Stillfly89, K_schutte, TeamPSI, mendon mafia, Flipx99, projectpechkin, shaneb, Worstenemy453, thehardknocklife, oldschoolboomer, psychoacoustics,

Adrianos= SCAMMER!!!

DB-Audio is offline Syko DJ music producer

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

my neighbor did it in his avalanch with a 8" solo x it sounds really good

2001 Honda Civic EX
    power acoustik 8" over sized touch screen
    doors Stock
    1- Atmos Audio 18
    1- Audiopipe 1000d mini @2 ohms
    Electrical stock for now

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cl_ardHXEkg"]My old System
    http://www.myspace.com/sykodjthereal"]If you Need Beats click this
    http://www.carstereoforum.net"]http://www.carstereoforum.net

t1990le is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i have herd of 8s and even 10s (JL Audio sells a whole center console replacement with a 10w0) im gonna do a amp rack to replace my center console. dk if a nightshade would fit there lol

2004 Ford F-150:
    HU: Panasonic CQ-C8803U
    (4) Polk MM 6x8s, (4) Kicker CVR 10s
    RD 1750.1 & MTX BTP 504
    2 runs 1/0 Welding Cable, 8awg & 14awg speaker wire, Optima YT, Custom BP 215 amp Alt, Big 3 in 1/0

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by t1990le View Post
    i have herd of 8s and even 10s (JL Audio sells a whole center console replacement with a 10w0) im gonna do a amp rack to replace my center console. dk if a nightshade would fit there lol
    what about taking the seat out and just running the box all the way to the rear seats. seems like I could get enough airspace for the nightshade.

Adrianos= SCAMMER!!!

rugdnit is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i built one with four 8's ported. they were floor fired with the ports facing backwards. i had to build a fiberglass base that was molded to the floor ( then bolted to the floor using the factory mounts ) which the main box could be bolted to. i never did take pictures-- sorry! the box looked very similar to the stock console, but was taller and served as an armrest as well. the box was mostly fiberglass, so it had lots of shape and contours. i did not want it to be obvious it was a subwoofer box.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rugdnit View Post
    i built one with four 8's ported. they were floor fired with the ports facing backwards. i had to build a fiberglass base that was molded to the floor ( then bolted to the floor using the factory mounts ) which the main box could be bolted to. i never did take pictures-- sorry! the box looked very similar to the stock console, but was taller and served as an armrest as well. the box was mostly fiberglass, so it had lots of shape and contours. i did not want it to be obvious it was a subwoofer box.
    so you took the fold down console out also?

Adrianos= SCAMMER!!!

IDSkoT is offline Resonating Reticular

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I've seen a lot of good center console builds in trucks. Quite a few in F-150's. I think the one that looked the best was a sealed box down-firing. Depending on your center console, you might be able to take the center console out and build the box directly in the center console, and still have the flap. I saw someone with a Tahoe do that. Not sure how regular F-150 center consoles are.

Now designing / building boxes.
    (Only building sealed and aero port boxes.)
    PM me.

Feedback Thread

Refs: MSW Danny, atsaubrey (great seller), ampjunkielikeme, wgsj_fortvalley, tEh koRnDog, bad @SS chevy, Nismos14 (who is the man. )

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

what about taking the seat out and just running the box all the way to the rear seats. seems like I could get enough airspace for the nightshade.
    that might work u could prob get 2 cu ft that way. do a fiberglass box so i can look at it as an idea for my amp rack

2004 Ford F-150:
    RD 1750.1 & MTX BTP 504
    2 runs 1/0 Welding Cable, 8awg & 14awg speaker wire, Optima YT, Custom BP 215 amp Alt, Big 3 in 1/0

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by IDSkoT View Post
    I've seen a lot of good center console builds in trucks. Quite a few in F-150's. I think the one that looked the best was a sealed box down-firing. Depending on your center console, you might be able to take the center console out and build the box directly in the center console, and still have the flap. I saw someone with a Tahoe do that. Not sure how regular F-150 center consoles are.
    dont think I want to go sealed with the nightshade. 1.5 @35 is ideal for my needs.

Adrianos= SCAMMER!!!

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by t1990le View Post
    that might work u could prob get 2 cu ft that way. do a fiberglass box so i can look at it as an idea for my amp rack
    you first so I can get an idea of the box. lol

Adrianos= SCAMMER!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

you first so I can get an idea of the box. lol
    lol send me $300 and i will

2004 Ford F-150:
    RD 1750.1 & MTX BTP 504

Closed Thread