Reload Thread: How does this box work?

bunkerking09 is offline Current Status: Win

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

How does this box work?

A box like this...

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showth...=1#post5121342

I'm looking to design one for (4) 8's in a standard cab. Is it just considered a bandpass? How do you calculate tuning? Net volume? Etc.

New car...new build coming soon.

Refs: wu501, Team H&K, NEXT, BigBirney420, CRXBMPN, jgonino, woofercooker, smakdemhos, ssacket, dacheatham, dontknowanything, iamamp3pimp, kharps...probably a few others

SRim23 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: How does this box work?

why not PM him and ask him?

sold to : vitveet, ZeroAccess, Regalboi97 bought from: pboulos, mikescanlon, pickup1, konechiwa, CaliforniabOY5, desertheat
    Quote Originally Posted by DDeitz View Post
    blacks buy cars owned by white men who were designed by asians and made by mexicans ...see everyone contributes to the cycle
    Quote Originally Posted by Willkas View Post
    today I was messin with my newly installed subs, i really have no clue what they are but they're definatly old school. Out of nowhere, it burts into awesome mode and starts shaking the garage doors of the entire lot ( work in a auto shop).
    I just want to here some theories how this happened.
    In case you were wondering I drive a tahoe and when I say loud I mean loud to the point that your ears will pop and it starts hurting.

bunkerking09 is offline Current Status: Win

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

its not just his box, i mean boxes like that in general.

i also thought this would be a useful thread, i've never seen anyone ask about it, all the talk is about regular ported enclosures. This is unique.

New car...new build coming soon.

Refs: wu501, Team H&K, NEXT, BigBirney420, CRXBMPN, jgonino, woofercooker, smakdemhos, ssacket, dacheatham, dontknowanything, iamamp3pimp, kharps...probably a few others

ngsm13 is offline BSEE

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The front looks like it's just a beauty panel though it may act as semi-bandpass...

nG

http://crunktimes.com/ct/
    nG - BSEE

Immacomputer is offline Cloud disappear

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Not bandpass but more of an expanding transmission line with definite ported properties.

To get an idea of the response, you could start not considering the chamber where the subs fire into and just consider it a ported enclosure. You can find a net volume and tuning there but those terms are going to be slightly meaningless as the impedance curve is going to be pretty different.

A good idea to finding the lower cutoff is to take the length from behind the subs to opening of the enclosure and then take the ratio of cross sectional area in the opening to the total cross sectional area right behind the subs. Apply that ratio and length to Martin J. King's PDF file that says "Alignment Tables" on page 10. Your lower cutoff will be around a 1/2 an octave below that point. The longer the distance between you and the opening of the enclosure and the lower your bottom end will go, basically.

That will give you an idea of about how it will respond. The calculated ported figures won't really mean much though and you probably won't have lowest cone movement at "tuning".

Video 1
    I may make you feel but I can't make you think.
    Your sperm's in the gutter -- your love's in the sink.
    Video 2

Closed Thread