Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Poor sound after moving speakers in door.

MaBezuidenhout is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Poor sound after moving speakers in door.

Hi There

I am new to this forum but not new to audio. My problem is I moved my door speakers (6.5" pioneers) from their 48mm spacers (sitting on the door card) to flush with doorcard protruding into the door. I had to do this as me and my wife kept injuring ourselves on these huge spacers protruding into the footwells. My sound was pretty decent before I moved them into the door but now there is a lot less bass.

Can I make up some 6" dia pvc tubes and fit them around the speaker inside the door to sumulate the 48mm spacer or am I waisting my time?

Any suggestions are welcome
    Thx

Blue Fury is offline Quagmire's Chin

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Poor sound after moving speakers in door.

My philosophy is this: if it's inexpensive and within your capability, try it. So it sounds like your idea costs little to nothing to do, just try it. If it fails, try making a baffle that would angle the speaker more towards the passengers heads. Try not to have them protrude into the door too much, as it is probably the main reason for the loss of sound.
    You probably already know, but you want the waves to not be tunneled by any surrounding edges- the part of the door card that extends past the speaker.

... if I'm picturing your situation correctly.

***My build: 2 SSA Xcons, Sundown, Vifa, TB, Hertz, 880prs, etc.***
    http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=359675

CA Refs: bought from: Jacka, bones22, civicman07, Zeuslicious, 90accordman, DesertDawg(<---EXCELLENT seller), mclerico83
    Sold to: 97accordalpine, Jgyolai, brenTgrillzem, nicksredline, lantz, bagged97tacoma, Plottin4success, microhaxo, pinoy2o9, LaserRed38
    ROE Refs: Bought from delvryboy, jnralp00, dcmcki, Mxman38, Excessive Amperage, GoinDef154, blackdragonx118, Assman.

Currently For sale: Everything

Closed Thread