Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)

to cover or not

i needed to make something simple to house my amps and wires in the trunk so i built this little rack today. it will sit between the box and the rear seats, amps facing forward. i have a question about the sides though. i wanted to leave them as open as possible for airflow. i was thinking about covering the open sides in speaker grille cloth to allow air movement but wrap the rest of the box in the typical charcol gray carpeting. any thoughts or suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by eharri3 View Post
    I have 4 12s getting 2K watts rms and my front stage is 4 Walmart JVC coaxials running off 16 watts rms of head unit power. My sub sounds fine but my mids and highs don't sound very clear and start to distort long before my subs do. Anybody know why? Any suggestions?

fasfocus00 is offline doITdaWHITEwayORdoITtwice

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    357 Post(s)

Re: to cover or not

i'd get 2 2in fans for each side. obviously one blowing in and other blowing out. and wrap the whole thing.

Here is my feedback Thread: http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showth...ght=fasfocus00

"If you ain't cheatin', You ain't trying"

nineball is offline too many toys...

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)

Re: to cover or not

ya i thought about using fans but based on the way i have the supports inside to hold the mounting plate i don't think they would do me much good. they would move air through the back of the box but the mounting plate is sealed on 2 sides of each amp, the bottom and middle (as you look at it from the front). the tops are still open, and heat rises, so it may work. the only downside to that idea is that i have nothing to glue the carpet to on the sides. my initial plans were to glue/staple the grille cloth over the sides first then carpet over them, cutting the carpet to match the ends of the panels on the side.

if i do go that route does anyone know if i could power them via the remote line from the hu? would the four 12v fans draw too much current for the remote line in addition to being connected to the amps?

Closed Thread

User Tag List