I posted this over on the eD forum and everyone seemed to like it, so I'm posting it here now
Finished my box yesterday (added in the t-nuts and got my stainless bolts), and got my k's the day before, so this morning I finally got it all together... And I'm quite happy with the result
I didn't really take much in the way of pics, during construction, unfortunately - The box was originally built to be a quick-toss-in-a-15 box, but after putting a bunch of work into it, it came out great, so I thought I'd go ahead and make it a real nice one. Here's a pic of me removing the front panel - notice the shards of wood remaining! I literally had to chisel all those pieces off... Liquid nails rocks!
Oh, I do have a pic of the construction of the trim panel. 1/2" plywood & bondo:
The raised 'e' is simply a 1/8" thick foam cutout of the emblem 3m adhesived to the box, then I vinyl'd over it. Sorry, no pics - took about 10 minutes, though. The curved edge is much simpler than it looks, too; I just sanded down the corner, then bondo'd a bit - that's it
well... I say that's it, but it WAS one heck of a bunch of sanding... But well worth it!
Anyway, I tossed it in the car temporarily tonight (I've got a **LOT** of work to do before I'm ready to permanently install), and ****... I can't remember who recommended the eD K's - Thank you *SO* much!! I'm shocked at the SPL increase when compared to my old XPL 15. Probably a good 6-8 db up, easily! *AND* it sounds better, too!
Anyway, yippee, I'm happy