User Tag List

Closed Thread
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Reload Thread: time for a new box.....I ThiNK!?

  1. #1
    Bavarian3's Avatar
    Bavarian3 is offline Ownz joo



    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Nor*Cal
    Age
    27
    Posts
    5,170
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    9
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    time for a new box.....I ThiNK!?

    Well ive been contemplating wether to build a new box or not and whether i should build another sealed box or go ported. My trunk ***** and is hard to work with. I cant get even 4 cubes out of it.

    I have 2 10" Re SE's. they are in a 2.5 CuFt after displacement sealed box. The box wasnt very well made. no bracing. no chamber seperation. The cuts werent done too well. Despite this the sounds still sound amazing. Now for my question....

    If i go sealed again. Itll be bigger. Hopefully about 3+ cubes. So will the subs get llouder or sound better in a bigger better made box? or do u think i wouldnt notice a difference.

    If i go ported. Im thinking about tuning to 30hz. I have an ear for SQ and i dont wana lose any of it. So if i made about a 3 CuFt box tuned to 30hz will i get a good jump in SPL?

    And how the helll would i make this box i know very little about how to get the tuning frequency of a box.



    Upcoming SQ competition ready install...
    -Eclipse cd8053
    -Image Dynamics Cd1Pro MH
    -Image Dynamics 6.5" mids with CX motors and poly cone in custom fiberglass kick panels
    -12" Stereo Integrity Magnum in large sealed fiberglass wheel well enclosure.
    -Viper d1200.1 (sub), Viper 400.2 (mids), David Navone Amp-100 (horns)






  2. #2
    TeamPSI's Avatar
    TeamPSI is offline Super Pimp VIP Member



    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Pink Star Industries
    Posts
    3,394
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: time for a new box.....I ThiNK!?

    Run 3 cubes after displacements at 32hz...should RULE!




  3. #3
    Bavarian3's Avatar
    Bavarian3 is offline Ownz joo

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Nor*Cal
    Age
    27
    Posts
    5,170
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    9
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Re: time for a new box.....I ThiNK!?

    Quote Originally Posted by TeamPSI
    Run 3 cubes after displacements at 32hz...should RULE!
    that sounds good. And what about my building a bigger sealed box, u think that would be a waste of time? Is the jump in SPL pretty legit going from sealed to ported with the SE's and why do u say 32hz instead of 30hz. I wana keep my SQ as much as possible oh and i dont have a SSF.



    Upcoming SQ competition ready install...
    -Eclipse cd8053
    -Image Dynamics Cd1Pro MH
    -Image Dynamics 6.5" mids with CX motors and poly cone in custom fiberglass kick panels
    -12" Stereo Integrity Magnum in large sealed fiberglass wheel well enclosure.
    -Viper d1200.1 (sub), Viper 400.2 (mids), David Navone Amp-100 (horns)



  4. #4
    TeamPSI's Avatar
    TeamPSI is offline Super Pimp VIP Member



    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Pink Star Industries
    Posts
    3,394
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: time for a new box.....I ThiNK!?

    ok then go to 30...
    honestly...youd probably not notice the difference.


    Ported rulez




  5. #5
    Bavarian3's Avatar
    Bavarian3 is offline Ownz joo

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Nor*Cal
    Age
    27
    Posts
    5,170
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    9
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Re: time for a new box.....I ThiNK!?

    Quote Originally Posted by TeamPSI
    honestly...youd probably not notice the difference.
    whats this refferring to?

    So i guess i decided on ported. would my subs be fine without a SSF tuning to 32 hz? Do u got an AIM sn.



    Upcoming SQ competition ready install...
    -Eclipse cd8053
    -Image Dynamics Cd1Pro MH
    -Image Dynamics 6.5" mids with CX motors and poly cone in custom fiberglass kick panels
    -12" Stereo Integrity Magnum in large sealed fiberglass wheel well enclosure.
    -Viper d1200.1 (sub), Viper 400.2 (mids), David Navone Amp-100 (horns)



  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    In the medium of life
    Age
    27
    Posts
    7,010
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: time for a new box.....I ThiNK!?

    Quote Originally Posted by capone28
    Well ive been contemplating wether to build a new box or not and whether i should build another sealed box or go ported. My trunk ***** and is hard to work with. I cant get even 4 cubes out of it.

    I have 2 10" Re SE's. they are in a 2.5 CuFt after displacement sealed box. The box wasnt very well made. no bracing. no chamber seperation. The cuts werent done too well. Despite this the sounds still sound amazing. Now for my question....

    If i go sealed again. Itll be bigger. Hopefully about 3+ cubes. So will the subs get llouder or sound better in a bigger better made box? or do u think i wouldnt notice a difference.

    If i go ported. Im thinking about tuning to 30hz. I have an ear for SQ and i dont wana lose any of it. So if i made about a 3 CuFt box tuned to 30hz will i get a good jump in SPL?

    And how the helll would i make this box i know very little about how to get the tuning frequency of a box.

    ported=godlike...come by san ramon..ill help you build ur box..hehee my box wangs...ill help u build it no worries.and then we'll put it next to ur car and setoff its alarm...OH nother alarm today..didnt mean to though.2 in 2days...nice




  7. #7
    Bavarian3's Avatar
    Bavarian3 is offline Ownz joo

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Nor*Cal
    Age
    27
    Posts
    5,170
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    9
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Re: time for a new box.....I ThiNK!?

    Quote Originally Posted by marleyskater420
    ported=godlike...come by san ramon..ill help you build ur box..hehee my box wangs...ill help u build it no worries.and then we'll put it next to ur car and setoff its alarm...OH nother alarm today..didnt mean to though.2 in 2days...nice
    did u do a slot port or round port? im looking to go round port cuz it seems much easier. i just duno where to get the ports from, how far is san ramon from SJ.



    Upcoming SQ competition ready install...
    -Eclipse cd8053
    -Image Dynamics Cd1Pro MH
    -Image Dynamics 6.5" mids with CX motors and poly cone in custom fiberglass kick panels
    -12" Stereo Integrity Magnum in large sealed fiberglass wheel well enclosure.
    -Viper d1200.1 (sub), Viper 400.2 (mids), David Navone Amp-100 (horns)



  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    In the medium of life
    Age
    27
    Posts
    7,010
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Re: Re: time for a new box.....I ThiNK!?

    Quote Originally Posted by capone28
    did u do a slot port or round port? im looking to go round port cuz it seems much easier. i just duno where to get the ports from, how far is san ramon from SJ.
    round?wtf?dude its so hard to cut circles.slot port works fine man.and its so easy.ill design ur box just gimme all the parameters for it.45minutes away.




  9. #9
    Bavarian3's Avatar
    Bavarian3 is offline Ownz joo

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Nor*Cal
    Age
    27
    Posts
    5,170
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    9
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Re: Re: Re: time for a new box.....I ThiNK!?

    Quote Originally Posted by marleyskater420
    round?wtf?dude its so hard to cut circles.slot port works fine man.and its so easy.ill design ur box just gimme all the parameters for it.45minutes away.
    lol wut u mean its hard to cut circles. The reason slot is hard is because my box is gona be slanted in the front. since my subs are inverted.



    Upcoming SQ competition ready install...
    -Eclipse cd8053
    -Image Dynamics Cd1Pro MH
    -Image Dynamics 6.5" mids with CX motors and poly cone in custom fiberglass kick panels
    -12" Stereo Integrity Magnum in large sealed fiberglass wheel well enclosure.
    -Viper d1200.1 (sub), Viper 400.2 (mids), David Navone Amp-100 (horns)



Closed Thread

Similar Threads

  1. Run time error on this site....how do I fix it??
    By Trixter in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 11-29-2003, 11:16 AM
  2. 2nd time ive blown a jl w0
    By ryguy1607 in forum Subwoofers
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-29-2003, 09:47 AM
  3. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-26-2003, 03:40 PM
  4. Tsunami 1800 shipping time
    By musclehead in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 07-12-2003, 08:16 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
1e2 Forum