Closed Thread

Reload Thread: 2x10" Ported box for '04 Wrangler.

bustaplz is offline Pissing off the world.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

2x10" Ported box for '04 Wrangler.

I'm replacing most of the audio components in my Jeep, having some trouble with the sub enclosure. I've spent the past 6 days in WINISD, Google Sketchup and Windows Calculator trying to work something out but I can't get it just right. I want the box to fit behind the rear seat. I don't use the rear seat much and may remove it in the end, but having a box behind the seat is much less likely to be stolen than a box sitting in the open trunk area with two amps mounted to it. I'll have my amps mounter under the rear seat so it should be a pretty stealthy install overall. My Jeep is 330 miles away getting a hard at the moment so I'm not completely sure on my maximum dimensions but I've been trying to plan out a box for the new subs I got. I bought 2 RE SR10D4's.

Mounting Depth - 5.25" Mounting Hole Diameter - 9.25" Overall Diameter - 10.25" Bolt Hole Circle - 9.625" Motor Width - 6.25" Motor Depth - 2.5" Basket Depth - 2.75" Displacement - 0.12 cu. ft. Weight - 14.5 lbs. Electrical Q Value -Qes: 0.39 Mechanical Q Value -Qms: 5.5 Total Speaker Q Value -Qts: 0.36 Free Air Resonance -Fs: 25.3 Hz Equivalent Compliance -Vas: 31 liters One-Way, Linear Excursion -Xmax: 18 mm Efficiency -SPL 1W/1m: 85.3 dB SPL Effective Piston Area -Sd: 310 cm^2 DC Resistance -Re: 1.8 ohm Nominal Impedance -Znom: Dual 2/4 ohm Thermal Power Handling -Pe: 300 W Force Factor -Bl: 14.35

My best estimate for dimensions would be this. 15"H x 33.5"-34"(tight)W x 11"BottomDepth x 6"TopDepth I'm thinking about going 20" tall, this would make the box stick out above the tailgate/tub a few inches which isn't ideal but I'm trying to get enough space. Current dimensions I'm looking at: 18"H x 33.5"W x 10.4"BD x 4.85TD with the sides 2" longer than the bottom(baffle.) This gives me 1.87153ft^3 before any displacement. The subs displace .24ft^3 total. The closest I can get to a viable enclosure is these dimensions with a 4" diameter x 15.174" long port tuned to 35hz. With the port sticking out the bottom between the subs, this leaves something like 3" between the end of the port and the top of the box, which is a bit tight. If I move the port out of the enclosure a bit I can get 4" of clearance between the inside top but that only leaves 1" between the external end and the floor. This would give me a 1.522ft^3 box tuned to 35hz and a very acceptable response curve in WINISD. The air speed reports as 41m/s peak with 600w, which is a bit high but I've got to make sacrifices somewhere. Ideally I'd tune the port closer to 28hz as I'm seeing a VERY flat curve with an f3 of 28hz. I'm mainly looking for SQ so I think getting the flattest curve possible is good(I could be wrong?.) With a sealed box, the curve drops off pretty high up with f3 at 53hz for most sized enclosures. Anyone mind trying to design a box that will fit my space? I've only built two ported enclosures before so I'm having some trouble getting it just right and really need someone with experience to help out. I also have 2 lbs of polyfill if necessary, any idea if this would help out a bit? If I left out any information, sorry, my brain is fried. I'll post up whatever you need short of real dimensions of the rear trunk area as I can't get them at the moment.

Sorry, the specs got all squished together and hard to read. Here's a link http://www.reaudio.com/specs.html scroll down to the bottom.

Pioneer DEH-P4800MP
    Hifonics BXi608
    2 RE Audio SR10 D4's in 2ft^3 tuned to 32.5hz
    CDT Comps front, CDT Coaxials rear, MBQ DSC480
    Seat-out Box:
    Diamond D312D2 in 2ft^3 tuned to 34hz powered by a Diamond D3400.2
    Other box:
    2 Ascendant Audio Assasin 8's in 1.2ft^3 tuned to 40hz.
    All in a red '04 Jeep Wrangler.

bustaplz is offline Pissing off the world.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: 2x10" Ported box for '04 Wrangler.

Man, all my formatting got screwed up and my quotation marks got replaced by quot lol. Sorry if this is really hard to read.

Pioneer DEH-P4800MP
    Hifonics BXi608
    2 RE Audio SR10 D4's in 2ft^3 tuned to 32.5hz
    CDT Comps front, CDT Coaxials rear, MBQ DSC480
    Seat-out Box:
    Diamond D312D2 in 2ft^3 tuned to 34hz powered by a Diamond D3400.2
    Other box:
    2 Ascendant Audio Assasin 8's in 1.2ft^3 tuned to 40hz.
    All in a red '04 Jeep Wrangler.

Closed Thread

User Tag List