Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Reload Thread: 12" Solo X Box Build

9BlackN*Black6 is offline Its MORE Better...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

12" Solo X Box Build

First off, I"m no carpenter, but I do have access to all the need tools (table saw, router, ect). I want to build a 3.25 cf @ 38 hz. I've wrestling with different enclosure calculators and each are comming up with different port lengths. Its making me My dimensions are (H)14.5"x(W)37"x(D)16.5. I have room to play with the depth if needbe. http://www.reaudio.com/speaker_box/LPort_Box_Calc.html is the only one that seems to be matching what I'm after. Still having trouble with the port, I have to make it 4.25" wide to make 37.99 HZ, I'm not sure if this too wide or not, I was thinking it should be like 3.5" wide. Anyone give me some advice.
    It doesnt have to be exactly 3.25cf, but I do want it more that 3(what kicker recommends). Their design is for 1400wrms, Im gonna be pushing around 1700wrms with my rockford fosgate type rf x7. I had a 12" L7 few years back w/ a bd1000.1 on it and it was ridiculously loud in a 2000 grand am (yeah I know it was overkill) I ended up tweakin' the bass gain a lil to much one night with some friend in the car and smoke the voice coil, (that'll teach me to try and show off) but my brother currently has the box I had, I'll post up some pics this weekend. Thanks for any help guys.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: 12" Solo X Box Build

Had to play with the calculator a little bit....but i figured it out. Got the sub last weekend and started building box. In the end it will be 3.253 cf with sub @ 38.26HZ.
    Just gotta figure out how I wanna carpet it. Was thinking of black with a dark blue on the face to match my amp and cap. Im gonna go to the machine shop this weekend and see if they will cut the Solo "X" design out of diamond plate for me to put on the face next to sub. All I have left for box construction is to add another layer to face to give it 1 1/2" face. Only bad part is the screws for the sub will only go up to an inch so im thinking i may have to have a little more fun with the router, unless i can find some longer machine screws at fastenal or something. Anyone ever seen a solo x with a grille? Really think its would look good with a grille.Ive searched but came up empty handed. Heres a few pics, they were with my phone and it was nightime in some so sorry for poor res./ lighting. Ill post up the finals this weekend. So far Im happy with my first box build, No problems yet, everything looking good, just hoping i dont fubar the carpet job up too much, any tips? I cut 1/8" groove on side panels BTW.

http://s707.photobucket.com/albums/w...ack6/Solo%20X/

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Wow, what a hot thread i got goin here! Kinda left me in the dark on my first box build, but oh well. To anyone who cares heres the final pic. Havent done the custom work yet.

inkfx is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

So hows it sound?

2006 Cadillac DTS on 22s

Headunit: Kenwood eXcelon X592
    Front Stage: JL Audio VR650-CSi
    Front Amp: Pending purchase...
    Sub Stage: 2 x Sundown Nightshade v1 15"
    Sub Amp: Sundown SAZ-1500D
    Electrical: Yellowtop D34 - Knukonceptz 1/0 - 160mp alt

groundpound4200 is offline Da fuq did I just read?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

looks good except for the wire running out of the port..... never understood that.

2007 Honda Pilot 2008 Nissan Maxima
    2 RD D9s strapped @ 1 ohm Sundown SAZ-1500D V.3
    2 Sundown Nightshade V.2s 2 10" Atomic APX
    Sundown SAX-125.2 x 2 Sundown SAX-100.4
    Sundown NeoPro 6.5"s, JL ZR Tweets Sundown NeoPros

RIP Taylor aka NewAgeKing, you are missed!

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

wow finally some replies, I didnt carpet the sides because I plan on getting a speaker term. but wanna find one that takes 8ga. Then I gotta break out the sold. gun and do it right! Im doing some custom work with the carpet next weekend. Still have to get some alum. stock to make a grille for it because they dont make one for the x. Just finished it last night. I drive a truck, and havent been to my car for a few weeks but its getting installed in this weekend. Anyone know about how much itll run to get it checked(metered) at a local shop?
    Was wanting to get my amp output checked to, anyone know around how much?

groundpound4200 is offline Da fuq did I just read?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

I slipped the guy a $20 at a shop in MN and he let me on the TL long enough to find my peak and burp a few times. Kinda spendy but worth it.

2007 Honda Pilot 2008 Nissan Maxima
    2 RD D9s strapped @ 1 ohm Sundown SAZ-1500D V.3
    2 Sundown Nightshade V.2s 2 10" Atomic APX
    Sundown SAX-125.2 x 2 Sundown SAX-100.4
    Sundown NeoPro 6.5"s, JL ZR Tweets Sundown NeoPros

RIP Taylor aka NewAgeKing, you are missed!

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Got the x installed this weekend with my new cap, tried to hide all the wires xcept tha big uns. All I have to say about a 12" solo x is OMFG this thing hits hard in 3.25 cubes! I didn't even get two blocks from my house, and there goes the rear view swingin' by the compass wire. Got the wire terminals for the side this weekend and got my "x" design ready for the face of the carpet. Bought 3 lbs of polyfil from wally world for like $8, gonna try it out. Should be completed next weekend if the "X" does take too long to cut out. Looking like Im gonna have to upgrade to a bigger alt. The cap helped alot, runs steady at 13-13.5, but the volts are dippin down to like 11.75-12 when she wangs a long deep tone. Heh I think my single x is louder than my bro's 2 L7 12's. Plus I only have the gain @ about 80% and bass knob like a quarter up. Really surprised with the outcome of the box, also feels great knowing I made it! Guess the next step is to start dynomating the **** out of the trunk to get rid of all the new rattles this bad boy made in one weekend. Im gonna look at get some spl #'s in the next month or so. Well nuff said here's a few pics i got this morning b4 work.

HlorridiXplorer is offline Loud Rider

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

why do you have everything mounted on the left side by the port? just cause you got the speaker wire running in the port?

2001 Ford Explorer Sport
    H/U: Alpine IVA-D105, w/ SBS-05DC
    Front comp: Type R's
    Rear comp: Type R's
    Comp Amp: ZX650.4
    Subs: 18" Nightshade
    Amps: SAZ-3500D

mazdakid is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Gain at only 80% might not be a good thing

traded-pickup1, power-fanatic07, fbi90909
    sold to-superspank, dumple, JoeRa22, sub-FATHER, TrlcKed_OuT, rosrock, dcole18, RaiN, BassAddictJ, tommyk90, MANTI5, Micah_Jones, mrflamboynt, g6ryder, rebelfromva, n8skow

bhsdriller is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

^word

Team Flex Issues
    4 18" Mayhems
    2 bc5500's

Bought from: ameduce(x2), Hatchet_Warrior, jeeper07,DB_DRAG_SPL,ssackett, lyttleviet,MillzThaYungin, blackbonnie, ryan1126, Goindef154(x2), Lonnie, dave_damage

Sold to: Ilovebass, nismos14, chednompton, teen, jonesy

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HlorridiXplorer View Post
    why do you have everything mounted on the left side by the port? just cause you got the speaker wire running in the port?
    Yea my only other option is to pull the spare out and put amp under there but I dont like that idea. The other side has my 12 disc cd changer, but Im going to end up relocating it, the bass is too much for it....hehehe Once I get the wire term. mounted on side and everything soldered, you wont even see the speaker wire the way Im going to run it. I wanted to mount amp on top of box but not enough room, theres like less than 1/8" between top of my box and 6x9.
    Gonna be fun making the grille, not sure if Im gonna use diamond plate or just regular brushed alumn. stock.

Quote Originally Posted by mazdakid View Post
    Gain at only 80% might not be a good thing
    I could put it at max. but dont think it will make much difference, its already ridiculously loud. I tweak the bass knob to get a little extra on some lower bass songs, but untill I get like a 200-300 amp alt. Im not gonna push it.

sacsking916 is offline stayin high an loud

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

i think you should turn down that gain a lil bit. what are the specs on that box? it looks pretty **** good. props on doin it all.

TEAM AUDIO TECHNIX
    TEAM SSC
    TEAM CADENCE
    Sold to: imtjnotu; ace_800; omegabunny crazykenkid Bought from: El_weenie; fasfocus00; retroaudioinc; f1mclarenagr; jason19; tone415; twizted859; noph33rracing; tony30cl; carlosg_313 Traded with: Micah_Jones; MikeOfTulsa
    Quote Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
    Apparently I was called out, or called a goat fucker, or something. I really have no idea. Im just along for the ride at this point.
    Quote Originally Posted by CRXBMPN View Post
    King James has nothing on King Sac!

crucial24 is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Sup bro did you get it metered yet? What were the exact specs on the box I am trying to build 1 as well but having a hard time finding info about building a box for this sub?

on1wheel01 is offline Bang A Lang

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

So you have the gain almost all the way turned up. Yea I see that going well. If you have to do that you need a bigger amp. In all my set ups I have the gain at 1/2 or less. More power is better so u dont clip. Also ditch the cap get a battery. If the cap helps then you more less have problems with electrical. I suggest doing the big 3. Would help out more than that cap.
    The box look ok I would get some terminals or do nut and bolt terminals as wire through port looks like trash

REFS
    bought from nismos14,lask48180,wu501,teamsolo,thegreatestpenn, 1phatclipse,lorilee8284,Louisiana_CRX,woofercooker ,97maxima,Bad4Health
    sold to sotogrip,bobby32,rgplayer,mxer657,deathpenalty18,C ahm Rohn
    traded with grimreper912003,5cr4ppy
    1999 Durango 2 Memphis Mojo 15's Audiopipe ap3k
    4 Date Safe 75 ah batts Alpine hu. Lots of wangin

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast