User Tag List

Closed Thread
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Reload Thread: Subwoofer port help please with pics (This section mods?)

  1. #1
    riddla's Avatar
    riddla is offline CarAudio.com Elite



    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    nf
    Posts
    628
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Subwoofer port help please with pics (This section mods?)

    I have not checked the coils yet on the sub on the right hand side but I suspect that its not playing right and moves significantly less than the one near the port. It has recently started doing this. I am very sure i've blown a coil or something. My question is, is having the port as in my pic a cause of this. The box is tuned to 30hz and is 2.6cf. When they play, the one on the right moves in while the other plays normal, basically it does not play as the other should is seems to be out of time, just trying to explain it right and I now have to turn up the volume more to get better output and it does not drop as deep like before











  2. #2
    thorshammer1's Avatar
    thorshammer1 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Auburn, NY
    Posts
    3,555
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Subwoofer port help please with pics (This section mods?)

    Did you recently re wire them. Maybe there out of phase.

    Disconnect the one you think is bad and see if you hear an audible diff. in sound from the other one. Then try and swap the leads on bad one. Does it make sound less or does it add to it.



    Team DefJ
    Team DC



    2 DC lvl 5 10's 152.4 TNESPL 42hz
    152.6 DBDrag 40hz
    2 DC lvl 5 12's 153.1 DbDrag 45hz
    2 DC lvl 5 15's? To Be Determined
    For all your DC Audio need [email protected]

  3. #3
    riddla's Avatar
    riddla is offline CarAudio.com Elite

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    nf
    Posts
    628
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Subwoofer port help please with pics (This section mods?)

    Quote Originally Posted by thorshammer1 View Post
    Did you recently re wire them. Maybe there out of phase.

    Disconnect the one you think is bad and see if you hear an audible diff. in sound from the other one. Then try and swap the leads on bad one. Does it make sound less or does it add to it.
    No, I went from a hifonics bxi 1606d to an Incriminator audio amp. and have put the positive on the far right + terminal on the amp and the negative on the middle negative terminal on the amp. Could that be the cause ? maybe I need to put the - on the far right negative terminal to. The subs are wired in the box to show a 1ohm load and I have not tampered with the sub wiring in the box. Just changed amps thats all

    Last edited by riddla; 02-03-2009 at 07:50 PM.




  4. #4
    IDSkoT's Avatar
    IDSkoT is offline Resonating Reticular



    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Miami, Florida
    Posts
    6,274
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Subwoofer port help please with pics (This section mods?)

    Quote Originally Posted by riddla View Post
    Yes, I went from a hifonics bxi 1606d to an Incriminator audio amp. and have put the positive on the far right + terminal and the negative on the middle negative terminal. Could that be the cause ? maybe I need to put the - on the far right negative terminal to. The subs are wired in the box to show a 1ohm load
    It's out of phase. Switch the negative / positive wires on the sub itself.



    Now designing / building boxes.
    (Only building sealed and aero port boxes.)
    PM me.

    Feedback Thread

    Refs: MSW Danny, atsaubrey (great seller), ampjunkielikeme, wgsj_fortvalley, tEh koRnDog, bad @SS chevy, Nismos14 (who is the man. )



  5. #5
    riddla's Avatar
    riddla is offline CarAudio.com Elite

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    nf
    Posts
    628
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Subwoofer port help please with pics (This section mods?)

    Quote Originally Posted by IDSkoT View Post
    It's out of phase. Switch the negative / positive wires on the sub itself.
    I never had this problem on the hifonics amp. Out of interest, how can this be when all I've done is change amps. would it make a difference on the speaker terminals on the amp if I switch the - wire ?

    Also, I never changed anything on the subs themselves at any stage




  6. #6
    thorshammer1's Avatar
    thorshammer1 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Auburn, NY
    Posts
    3,555
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Subwoofer port help please with pics (This section mods?)

    Quote Originally Posted by riddla View Post
    No, I went from a hifonics bxi 1606d to an Incriminator audio amp. and have put the positive on the far right + terminal on the amp and the negative on the middle negative terminal on the amp. Could that be the cause ? maybe I need to put the - on the far right negative terminal to. The subs are wired in the box to show a 1ohm load and I have not tampered with the sub wiring in the box. Just changed amps thats all

    Did the manual tell you to wire it that way? Being a mono block I'm not sure it would matter but whenever I run one output its always been to one side.



    Team DefJ
    Team DC



    2 DC lvl 5 10's 152.4 TNESPL 42hz
    152.6 DBDrag 40hz
    2 DC lvl 5 12's 153.1 DbDrag 45hz
    2 DC lvl 5 15's? To Be Determined
    For all your DC Audio need [email protected]

  7. #7
    riddla's Avatar
    riddla is offline CarAudio.com Elite

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    nf
    Posts
    628
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Subwoofer port help please with pics (This section mods?)

    no, the manual does not say anything but the pic shows them wired like how I mentioned the way I was going to try it ie postive to far right and negative to far left as if it were a amp with 2 normal speakers connected on it




Closed Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
1e2 Forum