Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Can i go ported?

ThumpinTitan is offline Thump!! Thump!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Can i go ported?

I have a sealed box right now that is 2.1cubes before sub displacement, is there any way i can go ported for 1 12" SSD using Aero's?
    What would be the best size, location & Tuning/Length of port?

Cant go any bigger on enclosure as it was made to replace my front center seat and dont want to have another built

REF's: SlimJonesy (ST), JTBennet (ST), sixt7ninr (BF), Rynomx785 (BF), Whatzzap (BF), Bonesninja (BF), NewAgeKing (ST), WattsLok187 (ST), Blove1991 (BF), B-rock (ST), Fear Of Theive (TW), tweet02 (ST), Doola36 (BF), Lilmofo55 (BF), rezzarect (BF), Lopaka (ST), Warp09 (ST), bran761g (ST), rod_b (BF,TW) dacheatham (ST), midnightg35x (BF), Andrew Capps (ST), vfrrider (BF), dvldogyut (ST), xPlayazPlayzonx (BF), DaRevrin (ST), BaseBalz13 (BF), Joe98Chevy (ST), tc3k101 (BF,TW), Cali_Screw (BF), cd6551 (TW)

ST: Sold To, BF: Bought From, TW: Traded With

DonH is online now .....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)

Re: Can i go ported?

yeah you could go ported. although its a small box yes you can. i would go with two 3" flared aeros. what tunning freq. r u shooting for?

here are your options:
    Tuning Port Length (individual port)
    33hz 7.73" each
    34hz 7.25" each
    35hz 6.81" each
    36hz 6.4" each
    37hz 6.03" each
    38hz 5.68" each

kewl?

then for placement you can put the ports facing backwards if you have enough room. i dont think you want them shooting into your face haha
    Last edited by DonH; 01-29-2009 at 06:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chillin View Post
    How do you bridge a mono?
    Quote Originally Posted by snoopdan View Post
    throw it off one.
    feedback thread:
    http://www.caraudio.com/forums/buyer-seller-feedback/402726-d-man1s-official-feedback-thread-2.html

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Freq. im not sure, whatever has good punch with some deep lowz

The back wall has a slight angle inwards, do i need to have the ports a certain distance off the floor and from eachother?

I dont mind the ports facing up either... There's 9" of mounting depth if that matters any

REF's: SlimJonesy (ST), JTBennet (ST), sixt7ninr (BF), Rynomx785 (BF), Whatzzap (BF), Bonesninja (BF), NewAgeKing (ST), WattsLok187 (ST), Blove1991 (BF), B-rock (ST), Fear Of Theive (TW), tweet02 (ST), Doola36 (BF), Lilmofo55 (BF), rezzarect (BF), Lopaka (ST), Warp09 (ST), bran761g (ST), rod_b (BF,TW) dacheatham (ST), midnightg35x (BF), Andrew Capps (ST), vfrrider (BF), dvldogyut (ST), xPlayazPlayzonx (BF), DaRevrin (ST), BaseBalz13 (BF), Joe98Chevy (ST), tc3k101 (BF,TW), Cali_Screw (BF), cd6551 (TW)

DonH is online now .....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ThumpinTitan View Post
    Freq. im not sure, whatever has good punch with some deep lowz

The back wall has a slight angle inwards, do i need to have the ports a certain distance off the floor and from eachother?

I dont mind the ports facing up either... There's 9" of mounting depth if that matters any

look up^^^^ edited my last post there are you options! for the port you want them atleast an inch away from the wall and an inch away from each other. i would go with 35hz. bu thats just me. oh and the overall length includes the flared port ends!!!! dont f up and only measure the connecting middle piece and not take into consideration the flared end pieces length.

throw it off one.
    feedback thread:
    http://www.caraudio.com/forums/buyer-seller-feedback/402726-d-man1s-official-feedback-thread-2.html

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ive never messed with Aero's before so just to make sure... Both ends are to be flared and set like this correct

DonH is online now .....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ThumpinTitan View Post
    Ive never messed with Aero's before so just to make sure... Like this correct
    yezzir! jew got it!

throw it off one.
    feedback thread:

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Lol aight, guess im ordering me some aero's tomorrow. And sha'll start looking for a stronger amp

Thanks man!

Closed Thread