Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

What do you think about this kick panel application? PICS

I have a 1960 Cadillac and want to put some speakers up front. There is no stock location so I have to get creative. The best possible solution in my opinion is to install prefabricated or full custom kick panels. I have some limitations to deal with though. #1 - The factory kick panel is a sturdy carpeted surface with a vent grille in the upper rear corner. #2 - the surface is completely flat with only about 8 inches between the grille and the lover front corner. Building custom fiberglass kick panels would be best but I'm trying to look at cheaper options. I looked over all the Q-Forms models and found one that might be a close enough fit to modify and use for my Cadi. This kick panel is flat and then flares at the bottom to hold the speakers. All other models are raised away from the side wall of the car to form around the interior panels. (I hope that made sense.) Please check out the attached picture of my kick panel and the Q-Forms panel. It looks like I can trim off the corner of the Q-Forms panel closest to the tweeter and then trim the area to fit around the vent grille. I know they are not the best photos but what do you think the likelihood of this project turning out to looking acceptable? What would you do as an alternative to custom fiberglass kick panels? (I only have a picture of my right kick panel and the Q-Forms picture is of the left kick panel)

BIGBLK74 is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Re: What do you think about this kick panel application? PICS

nice car!, gotta love the caddy's

Closed Thread