Closed Thread

Reload Thread: The fabled question.. I listen to metal/hiphop.. bad combination when looking for box

Phlipbak is offline CA Enthusiast

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The fabled question.. I listen to metal/hiphop.. bad combination when looking for box

OK.. well..

My front stage is 2 ID OEM mids and 2 SEAS Neo tweets (27TAFNC/G)..

I used to have EDi 6500 components..
    I also had 2 Ascendant Arsenal 12's in a sealed 2.5 cuft, 1.25 per chamber, on my last setup and they were decent.. I had 1200w RMS from an ED NINe.1 on them..

Well, they were SOOOO much louder in my friend's explorer when I sold them to him.. And obviously it's an SUV, but you don't understand.. like they barely had a decent bit of bass in my car (much less than my friend's Kicker CVX in a 1 cuft prefab sealed truck box sliding around in his '06 Mustang).. my trunk is terrible, so I'm going to have my rear deck vented (the carpet is over the only hole in my rear deck where a stock subwoofer would have gone, gonna cut that circle of carpet stuff out ).

Well, on to my new setup..

I want much bigger and much better, so I bought two new Havoc 12's, and got them when they still were Dual 2 or Dual 1, so I was able to get them in Dual 1 (yes, I even DMM'd the voice coils to check ). I also just purchased an AQ2200D for them.

So.. I am a METAL head.. tons of hardcore.. bands like For the Fallen Dreams, The Acacia Strain, Bury Your Dead, Emmure, A Day to Remember, etc.

But on occasion I do like to beat like a mofo through my Ipod's rap playlist..

I LOVED the sealed box that gave me that awesome kick drum thump, but I want that rap to blow my trunk off too lol..

Should I go to a box ported to low tuning (28 hz or so) or sealed? I have heard these Havocs do just as well sealed as they do ported.. suggestions?

Thanks guys!
    Last edited by Phlipbak; 01-21-2009 at 03:44 PM.

'06 Dodge Charger Brilliant Black

-~-Refs-~-
    Bought from: hessdawg, Team H&K, TurdFergueson2, Millertime1028, kmanian, and DBDESIGNSELITE IS A SCAMMER!!!
    Sold to: Multiple people, just none through CA.com!
    __________________________________________________ ____________
    Quote Originally Posted by bball09124 View Post
    You can probly fit about 6 sets of Sony Xplod 6.5"s in your doors if you just cut them up. They should bang hard.

mcsoul is offline such is life

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: The fabled question.. I listen to metal/hiphop.. bad combination when looking for

Do you have the t/s parameters on the Havoc 12's?

Phlipbak is offline CA Enthusiast

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: The fabled question.. I listen to metal/hiphop.. bad combination when looking for

Nah I don't and they don't make these Dual 1's anymore..

'06 Dodge Charger Brilliant Black

-~-Refs-~-
    Bought from: hessdawg, Team H&K, TurdFergueson2, Millertime1028, kmanian, and DBDESIGNSELITE IS A SCAMMER!!!
    Sold to: Multiple people, just none through CA.com!
    __________________________________________________ ____________
    Quote Originally Posted by bball09124 View Post
    You can probly fit about 6 sets of Sony Xplod 6.5"s in your doors if you just cut them up. They should bang hard.

Closed Thread

User Tag List