Closed Thread
Results 1 to 11 of 11

Reload Thread: Help Building Athird Row Eclosure For 2 15" L7s

  1. #1
    zerocarpileup's Avatar
    zerocarpileup is offline The Birds The Word!!!!!!!



    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    60618
    Posts
    259
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Icon32 Help Building Athird Row Eclosure For 2 15" L7s

    Hey guys im new to this site and absolutely loving what i see,
    I need help building a box for my 2002 Escalade to fit behind the third row.
    im not looking to go too fancy but id like to see what ideas you all have for me.

    im trying to fit two 15" kicker L7s bind the third row. i see i dont have much room to work with so i guess im going to have to build across the whole back.

    i have a pic of what 3 12 solo's look like but i could use some specific instructions.
    Please Help!
    Last edited by zerocarpileup; 12-04-2009 at 04:28 PM.







  2. #2
    hatemonger's Avatar
    hatemonger is offline funded*by*soros



    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Denver, Co
    Age
    38
    Posts
    9,037
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Help Building Athird Row Eclosure For 2 15" L7s

    i was never impressed with the size of the box that kicker squares go in, but if you can get each of them in 6 cubes, they slam as hard as any sub. the boxes are just too big for my taste. looks like you have limited space. my recommendation with those subs, would be to port just 1 in 6 cubes, if you can't fit them both. the l7 15 is an impressive sounding sub in a nice big box. if you start dropping down too low, in an attempt to fit 2 of them in a smaller space, you will lose output. not the most efficient subs around. i have done L7's in similar vehicles, and if you can get the 6 cubes for each sub in there, you won't know many people who can get louder than you.






    2003 chevy s-10 ext. cab
    hu: jvc kd-avx1
    precision power 356cs components
    front amp: infinity 475a
    sub: diamond audio d6 10d4
    enclosure: 1.1 cubes ported tuned @ 31hz
    sub amp: JL G1700

  3. #3
    bonesninja's Avatar
    bonesninja is offline CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Lima, Ohio
    Age
    42
    Posts
    14,803
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Help Building Athird Row Eclosure For 2 15" L7s

    i've done 2 15"s in just under 8 cubes...they were very loud



    Quote Originally Posted by chase007 View Post
    if u need a box...I'l taked 3 years of shop class so i know what im doing.

    after i explained to him there's more to a proper box than boards and glue and he should practice before trying to sell boxes to others

    Quote Originally Posted by chase007 View Post
    yes personaly if it was some one elce that just starting making boxes but i'v taken shop for 3 years now...Making a lil box is nothing i don't need to pratice on a box to get it right i learned alot of stuff from 1 box and i can fix that in my next box
    after i told him that customers would care about the looks of the box

    Quote Originally Posted by chase007 View Post
    if u want some thing that looks pretty why don't u find a black guy with a big d*ck.

  4. #4
    hatemonger's Avatar
    hatemonger is offline funded*by*soros



    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Denver, Co
    Age
    38
    Posts
    9,037
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Help Building Athird Row Eclosure For 2 15" L7s

    Quote Originally Posted by bonesninja View Post
    i've done 2 15"s in just under 8 cubes...they were very loud
    i took an 8.5 cube box out, and replaced it with 12 cubes in an avalanche, and it was like a whole different sub. night and day difference.






    2003 chevy s-10 ext. cab
    hu: jvc kd-avx1
    precision power 356cs components
    front amp: infinity 475a
    sub: diamond audio d6 10d4
    enclosure: 1.1 cubes ported tuned @ 31hz
    sub amp: JL G1700

  5. #5
    Lakota's Avatar
    Lakota is offline Doesn't Know $hit



    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Louisville, KY
    Age
    26
    Posts
    6,222
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Help Building Athird Row Eclosure For 2 15" L7s

    6 cubes per 15" L7? You're crazy. The biggest that I would go is 4.5 per sub. You'll lose a lot of output with a box that big.




    Ben Hemp
    1992 GMC Sonoma Ext Cab NEW BUILD
    2008 MECA S1 KY State Champion, 151.0 dB
    2008 MECA S1 WorldChampion, 151.8 dB
    2010 MECA scores: 150.9 dB S2, 151.6 dB S3
    Refs: smd4life, Subst4nce, wccoug21, dacheatham, thegreatestpenn, jshak07

  6. #6
    zerocarpileup's Avatar
    zerocarpileup is offline The Birds The Word!!!!!!!

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    60618
    Posts
    259
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Help Building Athird Row Eclosure For 2 15" L7s

    Thanx for the input guys, but im getting a bit confused with all the different specs. were talking sealed enclosure if that makes any difference on cubes.
    does anyone have a diagram i can see,




  7. #7
    bonesninja's Avatar
    bonesninja is offline CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Lima, Ohio
    Age
    42
    Posts
    14,803
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Help Building Athird Row Eclosure For 2 15" L7s

    Quote Originally Posted by zerocarpileup View Post
    Thanx for the input guys, but im getting a bit confused with all the different specs. were talking sealed enclosure if that makes any difference on cubes.
    does anyone have a diagram i can see,
    i would not use those subs in a sealed box.....if you really want to do 15"s Sealed, look at maybe the CVR's if you like Kicker. I would rather spend a bit more money and go with Soundsplinter RL-p's or Stereo Integrity Magnums..the last model not the current model.



    Quote Originally Posted by chase007 View Post
    if u need a box...I'l taked 3 years of shop class so i know what im doing.

    after i explained to him there's more to a proper box than boards and glue and he should practice before trying to sell boxes to others

    Quote Originally Posted by chase007 View Post
    yes personaly if it was some one elce that just starting making boxes but i'v taken shop for 3 years now...Making a lil box is nothing i don't need to pratice on a box to get it right i learned alot of stuff from 1 box and i can fix that in my next box
    after i told him that customers would care about the looks of the box

    Quote Originally Posted by chase007 View Post
    if u want some thing that looks pretty why don't u find a black guy with a big d*ck.

  8. #8
    hatemonger's Avatar
    hatemonger is offline funded*by*soros



    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Denver, Co
    Age
    38
    Posts
    9,037
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Help Building Athird Row Eclosure For 2 15" L7s

    Quote Originally Posted by Lakota View Post
    6 cubes per 15" L7? You're crazy. The biggest that I would go is 4.5 per sub. You'll lose a lot of output with a box that big.
    not on the lower end you don't.






    2003 chevy s-10 ext. cab
    hu: jvc kd-avx1
    precision power 356cs components
    front amp: infinity 475a
    sub: diamond audio d6 10d4
    enclosure: 1.1 cubes ported tuned @ 31hz
    sub amp: JL G1700

  9. #9
    zerocarpileup's Avatar
    zerocarpileup is offline The Birds The Word!!!!!!!

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    60618
    Posts
    259
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Help Building Athird Row Eclosure For 2 15" L7s

    Quote Originally Posted by bonesninja View Post
    i would not use those subs in a sealed box.....if you really want to do 15"s Sealed, look at maybe the CVR's if you like Kicker. I would rather spend a bit more money and go with Soundsplinter RL-p's or Stereo Integrity Magnums..the last model not the current model.
    ok, so you say i should go ported, what are the pros and cons of ported vs.non-ported, given the information on the style of box i want, similar to the pics i posted.

    i will go measure and post the specs of the space behind the third row




  10. #10
    hatemonger's Avatar
    hatemonger is offline funded*by*soros



    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Denver, Co
    Age
    38
    Posts
    9,037
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Help Building Athird Row Eclosure For 2 15" L7s

    Quote Originally Posted by zerocarpileup View Post
    ok, so you say i should go ported, what are the pros and cons of ported vs.non-ported, given the information on the style of box i want, similar to the pics i posted.

    i will go measure and post the specs of the space behind the third row
    ported is a more effeicient way to get loud if you can sacrifice the space. if you need a small box sub, go with a sub meant to be in a small box. kicker is not the way to go if you want small and ported. the 15 kicker l7 needs 5, preferably 6 cubes to reach optimum performance. other 15's like a much smaller box. some do well in even 3.5 cubes ported. some 15's do well in 3.5 cubes sealed, but require 6 ported.






    2003 chevy s-10 ext. cab
    hu: jvc kd-avx1
    precision power 356cs components
    front amp: infinity 475a
    sub: diamond audio d6 10d4
    enclosure: 1.1 cubes ported tuned @ 31hz
    sub amp: JL G1700

  11. #11
    on1wheel01's Avatar
    on1wheel01 is offline Bang A Lang



    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Mooresville nc
    Posts
    2,738
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Re: Help Building Athird Row Eclosure For 2 15" L7s

    sorry to thread jack but im getting ready to build a ported box one 15" l7 d4 i looked and they say 3 to 6 cubes so i should go for the 6 cubes. for now i have a rockford 1200




Closed Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
1e2 Forum