Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Confused with port converting...

deeweld99 is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Confused with port converting...

I have used several online calculators to try and figure out how to do this. I have one audiobahn 1208t and for a round port in a 2.5 cubic feet box you need a 4" diameter port 8.5" long. I asked the audiobahn guys what the port area would be if I wanted to use a slot port and they said 25.5" area 8.5" long. I can't figure out how they got 25.5" opening. And I would go with that but I want to know how they got that so I can go with the smaller 1.5 cubic feet design which uses a 3" by 7.75" long port but I don't know how to correctly calculate it for a slot port. I read the enclosure design thread but I can't get my port to come out the way audiobahn says it should be. And audiobahn went out of business so I can't ask them.

sexyvic1 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Confused with port converting...

i think the rule of thumb for slot porting is 16 square inches of port per cubic foot of air space, 8.5" long sounds too short as well.

i am sure someone on here will chime in and let u know for a fact.

hope this helps a bit

REFERENCE'S : Viper118 , Brent00F150 , Uptwome2007 , Mechman x's 2 , SHawk , dbeez , Mynameismcgyver , anj46907 , and over 140 on ebay @ 100% positive. (PAYPAL & EBAY verfied and confirmed member )

Closed Thread

User Tag List