Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Reload Thread: Fiberglass ranger door pods.

bigbud747 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Fiberglass ranger door pods.

Well, finally got started on making some door pods for this beast. We definitely needed to upgrade the mids and highs, so we got a set of Focal A1 6.5 components. The guy this is for wanted to still be able to have the Alpine type S 5x7's in the door, so I had to figure out a way to make pods that looked good hold a 6.5, and still not cover up the stock location for the door speakers. I just started this today and probably won't get done till sunday. I'll let the pictures do the explaining on what I'm doing with these doors. I could only start on one door today since I ran out of resin. Oh well. I'll get started on the other door tomorrow and and start getting the frame work set up, and hopefully the cloth stretched over and hardened. But we'll see. On to the pictures.

thorshammer1 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Re: Fiberglass ranger door pods.

Sweet. Love the design in it!

Team DefJ
    Team DC

2 DC lvl 5 10's 152.4 TNESPL 42hz
    152.6 DBDrag 40hz
    2 DC lvl 5 12's 153.1 DbDrag 45hz
    2 DC lvl 5 15's? To Be Determined
    For all your DC Audio need rob@dcsoundlab.com

blackbonnie is offline The Revolution

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

fiberglass and dip ftw...

HU - Pioneer 800prs
    Mids - Peerless HDS nomex 6.5's
    Highs - Seas Prestige Alumi-domes
    Front Stage Amp - Sundown 100.4D
    Sub - SA-12
    Sub Amp - Saz-1000D
    Wire - Knukonceptz, Kicker Hyperflex

Blackbonnie References/Feedback

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Haha. Didn't even see that. I would have figured someone would have noticed the cookie on the plate in front of the panel before that. Sour cream cookies FTMFW.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thorshammer1 View Post
    Sweet. Love the design in it!
    That's actually not suppose to be like that. That's just the excess tape we couldn't get peeled off the back. Lol. It makes for a cool design none the less.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I've been working on these things the past 2 days, and they should be bondoed and sanded tomorrow, with the possibility of them being painted tomorrow. Anyway, don't judge this too bad considering this is only my second fiberglass project. So far this is actually turning out pretty freaking good compared to my kickpanels I made, which turned out nice in the end, so these will look good when they're done. They just don't look that hot now. Haha. I got the cloth stretched, hardened, and fiberglass put on which is hardening right now and won't be done hardening till tomorrow. Even tho things don't look that even on both sides, I've learned that bondo will fix pretty much anything. Lol. On to the pictures!

And here's my new toy.

KHARPS is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

That's some great work! Would you ever make a pair of those pods and sell them? I have a reg cab ranger. What IA sub is that?

REFERENCES
    cam5860, Godsmack, dropkick13, ls2poweredgoat, bunkerking09, ProjectPechkin, GavinVoy, kmanian, magnum21, natetate, gqjeff, mustangowner, ssackett, hazardous0388, Rusty...WCA, ohsosmooth, grassroots, Leister, Scott S, Pyro_by_Nature, teamsolo, jblcamry, pickup1, got_focus?, fasfocus00, Zellner, Goindef154, Darknight, orangelss, Thorshammer1, BigSix

Louisiana_CRX is online now dem shoes......

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Looks nice...

Current 2010 Louisiana USACi State Records :

Trunk 0-1000.................. 151.3
    StreetBeat 2................... 145.6
    Stock 1801-up.................153.8
    SuperStock 1801-up..........154.2
    Top three in 11 out of 26 power classes and Louisiana USACi Points Leader at 465

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KHARPS View Post
    That's some great work! Would you ever make a pair of those pods and sell them? I have a reg cab ranger. What IA sub is that?
    Thanks. Haha. I'm charging this guy 75 a door, so 150 total. If I could somehow make a vaccuum mold of this thing when it's done and fiberglass the inside, I would sell them for 200 for the pair. I think that would be a pretty reasonable price seeing what other stuff goes for. Haha. I just can't wait till tomorrow when these will actually start to take shape with the bondo.

And that's a DP 12 d2. I'm replacing my 12" Bl in my single cab ram 1500 running off about 750 watts, making a fiberglass box, and running this beast at 1500 watts. Look for a buildup on that in the next week or two after I get this holiday stuff out of the way. Haha. Here's a link the a picture of what my current setup looks like now.

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=333406

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

How come the fleece is so ruffled up? Looks kinda uneven, is it supposed to be that way?
    nice sub btw

2x SAZ-1500 for SALE 310+ship ea
    RE MT 18" w/ juggaurnaut recone For Sale 320+ shipping

Dakota Work Log

References
    Bought From: IonSQL, PhatTonyDeMarco, nikosbuddy, spudracer326, RoLLaxPhile, hessdawg, JonMR2turbo, GohillaAudio, BushJ311
    Sold To: saturnspl1991, gbz007, SVT RELAMPAGO(3x Box Build),alex5897, David187, bland

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bigbud747 View Post
    Thanks. Haha. I'm charging this guy 75 a door, so 150 total. If I could somehow make a vaccuum mold of this thing when it's done and fiberglass the inside, I would sell them for 200 for the pair. I think that would be a pretty reasonable price seeing what other stuff goes for. Haha. I just can't wait till tomorrow when these will actually start to take shape with the bondo.

And that's a DP 12 d2. I'm replacing my 12" Bl in my single cab ram 1500 running off about 750 watts, making a fiberglass box, and running this beast at 1500 watts. Look for a buildup on that in the next week or two after I get this holiday stuff out of the way. Haha. Here's a link the a picture of what my current setup looks like now.

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=333406
    That's a great price and good work. I'm looking forward to your new build, I had a 10'' BL in my ranger up until two days ago.....I'm very jealous of how much space you have in that ram.

REFERENCES
    cam5860, Godsmack, dropkick13, ls2poweredgoat, bunkerking09, ProjectPechkin, GavinVoy, kmanian, magnum21, natetate, gqjeff, mustangowner, ssackett, hazardous0388, Rusty...WCA, ohsosmooth, grassroots, Leister, Scott S, Pyro_by_Nature, teamsolo, jblcamry, pickup1, got_focus?, fasfocus00, Zellner, Goindef154, Darknight, orangelss, Thorshammer1, BigSix

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

That's actually speaker grill cloth, and the reason it is, is because that's the best it was gonna get considering it was a ***** to even get it that stretched out. I'm honestly not concerned about it since I can just spread some bondo on and make it all nice and purdy.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KHARPS View Post
    That's a great price and good work. I'm looking forward to your new build, I had a 10'' BL in my ranger up until two days ago.....I'm very jealous of how much space you have in that ram.
    Yeah. My Bl pounds, but it's d1 so it's only getting 750 watts. Even tho the DP has a mounting depth of 8.5", it should fit a little better than my Bl. And with it powered by 1500 watts, and a 6" aero port tuned to 32 hz, there won't be anything left of my dash. If your a dodge owner (years '94-'01) you'll know what I'm talking about. But hopefully after I get all my little projects done, fiberglassing a dash will be next on my list.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bigbud747 View Post
    Yeah. My Bl pounds, but it's d1 so it's only getting 750 watts. Even tho the DP has a mounting depth of 8.5", it should fit a little better than my Bl. And with it powered by 1500 watts, and a 6" aero port tuned to 32 hz, there won't be anything left of my dash. If your a dodge owner (years '94-'01) you'll know what I'm talking about. But hopefully after I get all my little projects done, fiberglassing a dash will be next on my list.
    That's going to be pretty sweet. I just put a 12'' Nightshade which also has 8.5'' mounting depth in two days ago and now my passenger seat is pretty much useless.....I think I'm going to have to sell the Nightshade now

REFERENCES

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

plan on using lots of bondo eh?

From experience i found that its easier to just get a nice stretchy fleece and do it as tight as possible without ripping. Bondo is to fix minor surface imperfections, not necessarily whole craters

2x SAZ-1500 for SALE 310+ship ea
    RE MT 18" w/ juggaurnaut recone For Sale 320+ shipping

Dakota Work Log

References
    Bought From: IonSQL, PhatTonyDeMarco, nikosbuddy, spudracer326, RoLLaxPhile, hessdawg, JonMR2turbo, GohillaAudio, BushJ311
    Sold To: saturnspl1991, gbz007, SVT RELAMPAGO(3x Box Build),alex5897, David187, bland

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast