Closed Thread

Reload Thread: dakota resosant frequency

trujap is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

dakota resosant frequency

anyone know the resosant frequency for a dakota? if not how do you calculate this? any exactly what resosant frequency mean /

havoc06 is offline The Juggernaut

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    is it ext or reg cab? Res freq is the frequency that will be the loudest in your car providing your installation is correct. You would figure this out with test tones and a meter. I dont know for sure, but it is somewhere between 45-58 Htz. Its different for every car so you have to figure it out yourself really...

trujap is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    its ext cab. I thought there was a calculation using the sub box and the dash or something?

havoc06 is offline The Juggernaut

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    nah, not that ive heard of...have to use a meter

Randy Savage is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    There is a formula....but it is not accurate

If you want a rough estimate, take a sealed box, a meter, and some tones, and run them, record all the tones, and draw up a graph. Then take the sealed box, put it outside, and run the tones and record what frequencies meter at what...keep the meter the same distance from the woofer in both tests.

Then, after the graphs for each are drawn up, find the point at which the 2 graphs are farthest apart, and that should give you an idea of where your res. freq. is...

Loyd (Bigbassman) did some testing, and found that higher sound levels show different resonant frequencies...

ngsm13 is offline BSEE

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by snova031

If you want a rough estimate, take a sealed box, a meter, and some tones, and run them, record all the tones, and draw up a graph. Then take the sealed box, put it outside, and run the tones and record what frequencies meter at what...keep the meter the same distance from the woofer in both tests.

Then, after the graphs for each are drawn up, find the point at which the 2 graphs are farthest apart, and that should give you an idea of where your res. freq. is...

Loyd (Bigbassman) did some testing, and found that higher sound levels show different resonant frequencies...
    that confused the **** outte me! lol,...i am very interested in this b/c i am going to build a sealed box and get some time on the meter soon. peace

NG

http://crunktimes.com/ct/
    nG - BSEE

Bobyota is offline sportin ancient wang

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This may be kinda related. I play bass guitar and in the same room and in the same spot, I could change volume and get different resonant frequencies. I was told by many that the speaker cabinet I had was about the best out there for I believe what you would call transient response. Well it seemed to favor different notes/frequncies at different volumes

has sissy bass, needs monsta bass

bumpin_blazer is offline Only the Strong Survive

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

yeah i remember reading that on SIN a while back crazy stuff right there. anyway do what john said if you want to and have that much time. if you don't, i would just guess it around 45hz. build a box at 42hz and burp it around 45-48 simple as that. unless your a SERIOUS die hard competitor the res. freq. of your car typically won't be a huge factor if your off by 1-3hz.

adam

2006 Bright Island Blue 6s: stock 6 disc in dash, Hertz Hi-Energy 6.5" comps, MB Quart Ref 12", eclipse 5-channel sub amp.

Car mods: Lowered on Mazdaspeed springs with Koni Yellow shocks, Racing beat front/rear sway bars with AWR end links, LED turn signals, tail lights, front side markers, 18" ADR Cypher rims, 55w HID's in low beam and fogs, 5% tint all the way around. No go fast mods yet...tuning and Mazda6 don't go well together .

Steve a.k.a. ss3079: So this one lady goes, "These ignorant people who drive around blasting there music, they cant hear emergency vehicles"
    So that set me off, and I said "Well then why do they let deaf people drive?"

AOL: JmKeenen

Closed Thread