Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Slot or Square Ports

havoc06 is offline The Juggernaut

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Slot or Square Ports

I posted this thread before but didnt really get an answer, so ill try again. I always figured that a slot and square port were the same thing, but on a recent post here i read that if you use walls of your enclosure to share also as walls of your port, then it is a slot, not square port, and you have to do some extra calculation to make sure its tuned correctly.....does anybody know this to be true or not, or can give me some info on it?

bumpin_blazer is offline Only the Strong Survive

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by havoc06
    I posted this thread before but didnt really get an answer, so ill try again. I always figured that a slot and square port were the same thing, but on a recent post here i read that if you use walls of your enclosure to share also as walls of your port, then it is a slot, not square port, and you have to do some extra calculation to make sure its tuned correctly.....does anybody know this to be true or not, or can give me some info on it?
    yes that is the dif. if you think about it a square port looks just like one as does a slot port only dif. being a square isn't the entire side of a box. you can use a wall of your box and not have it be a slot port though if you don't use the whole thing i think not sure though.

adam

2006 Bright Island Blue 6s: stock 6 disc in dash, Hertz Hi-Energy 6.5" comps, MB Quart Ref 12", eclipse 5-channel sub amp.

Car mods: Lowered on Mazdaspeed springs with Koni Yellow shocks, Racing beat front/rear sway bars with AWR end links, LED turn signals, tail lights, front side markers, 18" ADR Cypher rims, 55w HID's in low beam and fogs, 5% tint all the way around. No go fast mods yet...tuning and Mazda6 don't go well together .

Steve a.k.a. ss3079: So this one lady goes, "These ignorant people who drive around blasting there music, they cant hear emergency vehicles"
    So that set me off, and I said "Well then why do they let deaf people drive?"

AOL: JmKeenen

evo2k3 is offline Senior Bizznitch

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bumpin_blazer
    yes that is the dif. if you think about it a square port looks just like one as does a slot port only dif. being a square isn't the entire side of a box. you can use a wall of your box and not have it be a slot port though if you don't use the whole thing i think not sure though.

adam
    just a different shape....square and rectangular are no different than round...just clasified / refered to differently...they all acomplish the same objective.

I'm back to stock in my new car.....

russrocks is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    hes talking about end correction.
    when you have a port that uses a wall as one of its sides, one of the sides of the port has a 'free end', one has a 'flared end'. when the port doesnt use a wall as a side, both ends are flared.
    Do a search for 'correction' and you'll find a link explaining the whole thing. Its called DIY subwoofers(something like that)

ws140 is offline ~`[]D[]][\/]][[]D`~

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Alpine CDA-9813
    Infinity Kappa 60.5s Component Speakers
    U.S. Acoutics 2080x for the comps (80x2 @ 4 ohms)
    1 ed e12O.44 in a 2ft.^3 sealed box.
    Soundstream RUB500-1 for the sub (400x1 @ 2 ohms)

Closed Thread