Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Getting loud with JBL GTI 15's...questions

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Getting loud with JBL GTI 15's...questions

Hey guys, first time postin but lurked for a while. usually find what I need but having issues with this one...
    Designing a box for 2 GTI 15's tuned to 30 hz, 9 cubes net for a 98 blazer. I feel that this thing should ahve at least 140 sq in of port but buddy is worried that it wont hit the lows hard. Another buddy of ours thinks we should run about 90 sq in... IMO itll hit the lows harder but wont get anywhere near as loud and the goal is to be in da low 150's...

for now itll be powered by one visonik 4000, but will be adding another soon. also running 5 yellow tops, 1 in front - 4 in rear. Any help is greatky appreciated!!!

SPOOLEDCRXB18 is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Getting loud with JBL GTI 15's...questions

No one has any help for me...ive searched and can not find anything answering my question. anybody with any experience with these subs? Not looking for the general 14-16 sq in rule.

psych0ticnemes1 is offline Psych0tic Customs

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

It is obviously subwoofer specific as far as port area goes, but I don't think port area equates to being able to hit low notes. Tuning is more responsible for the driver's ability to play low.

If you need a design, send me a PM.

References:

Ali1, michaellane, cadillac114, chasinSKURT, DaRevrin, rhuff80, sam yung, The215, tukn18s, Xenophontos,nuboot,jfitz97,LuckyDerDer 2x

SPOOLEDCRXB18 is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

thanks for the reply...well the theory I was told was since the port area was smaller it would load the driver more and intensify the low end stuff. But I have to think that once the sub would really start movin its gonna be tryin to breath through a straw. If it was a low power setup it might be more apt to smaller port and be better musically but would never really move any air. Naturally theres a million variables but was hopin to get more insight on the subject...

Also how are you guys loadin your sketchup files on here? Cant find anything to turn it into a jpg or similar...thanks

Closed Thread