Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Any info on how to build custom trunk setups?

Robahr24 is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Any info on how to build custom trunk setups?

Looking for a write up on how to do custom builds with plexiglass and such. Pictured below is a Audi S4 with a kind of setup I want to run except with 2 12'' FI Q's, but I really don't know where to start. Any help would be appreciated please (just scroll down to the pictures and you will see the setup).

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cars-...=p4506.c0.m245

mlstrass is offline Shaggy DOA

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

Re: Any info on how to build custom trunk setups?

have you built any boxes before as that might be a tad much for your first build?

gsxrjjordan is offline SR20/GSXR Pilot

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

My advice: one piece at a time. Setups like that usually have a center box for the sub, side boxes for the amps, a false floor, and it looks like he has a finisher piece that holds the CD transport and something else.

VW/Audis are easy because they have fairly rectangular trunk areas. Curves = more complexity.

Basically, you want to put a bunch of boxes together so they look like one piece, and don't move around (carpet helps a lot with this).

================================================== ================
    S14 240sx w/SR20DET + GT28R/etc + sound system you can't hear unless the motor's off
    - Alpine CDA-9855 w/Ipod adapter (so I can listen to compressed crap and end up puttin in CDs anyway)
    - TRU Technology T4.100 w/BB IC upgrade
    - CDT 6.5" components (in .3ft^3 sealed door boxes) with 560 x-over and CenterStage (tweets in A pillars and mid of dash)
    - Soundstream Reference 10" (old school, efficient, +SQ) in a 1.9^3 ft - Fb 32Hz, F3=38Hz

'05 GSXR1000 track bike w/ipod + Shure headphones

Robahr24 is offline Senior VIP Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yeah, I think I would know what to do, I just don't know what the inside of the box and the sides look like, and how to bolt the box so it doesn't move. Should the box be bolted to the sides, the bottom of the trunk? A diagram would help out a ton if anybody think they can draw or find me a simple one to get an idea.

Closed Thread