Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Box Help

I was wanting to build another box because the 5.5 cuft. tuned to 50 hz is not cutting it sq wise. Just wondering you alls recommendations. I was thinking 4 or 3.5 but 3.5 would be a little more to figure out tuned to about 33 hz. I want your eyes to water and this thing to go extremely low. I dont know about the port size as I mean the area but any recommendations are welcomed.

Thanks.

"Just have to remember to take everything in stride, and don't put off till tomorrow what you can do today because there might not be a tomorrow. " <---- RAMOS

Profliepower is the funniest guy ever...

BDIDDY is offline Sittin' Slick

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Well I did it myself after looking at some posts on here and was wondering if this was right. It will be 4 and after looking at this other post the guy said to add the port and sub displacement to the net volume so I got 4.8. I think that is a little big but then I tuned it to 33 hz with the port being 13 high x 3 wide x 25.35 deep. I was wondering if the port face was to big to small or what? Look for how I want the sub to hit up top.

Thanks.

"Just have to remember to take everything in stride, and don't put off till tomorrow what you can do today because there might not be a tomorrow. " <---- RAMOS

Trixter is offline Keepin it Simple

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    If you went 4cu' at 33Hz, you will get a huge spike of 7.8db at 35Hz.

If you want good sq and a strong low end, I would make a box 3.5cu' and port it to 24Hz. This would give you a pretty flat response with a slight peak of 2.5db at 26Hz. You will have a strong low end (between 22 and 38Hz) The brahma can do the low notes, that should sound pretty cool.
    Oh yah, a port 3"w, 6"h, and 20.5"l should get you there.

2006 Jeep Liberty
    Adire Audio, Cadence, Clarion, MB Quart

Lv = [(14630000 x R^2) / (Fb^2 x Vb)] - 1.463R
    *Vb = vol. in cu"
    **R = sq.rt. A / Pi (for square/slot port)

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Is there any way that you can chage that port to 13 high x whatever else? And what does the spike have to do with anything?

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    You could go with 13"h x 2"w x 28.5"l

For good sq you are looking to get a "flat" response. In short, this means that all freq's. will be reproduced at the same volume. For an ideal spl box, you would be looking for a large peak at the freq. you are trying to achieve. But by doing this the box will only correctly reproduce the desired freq. Personally, what I like to do, is make a box that has a slight peak at the lower end, because I like low end bass, and then keep it flat from there on up to maintain my sq.

2006 Jeep Liberty

*Vb = vol. in cu"

bumpin_blazer is offline Only the Strong Survive

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Trixter
    You could go with 13"h x 2"w x 28.5"l

For good sq you are looking to get a "flat" response. In short, this means that all freq's. will be reproduced at the same volume. For an ideal spl box, you would be looking for a large peak at the freq. you are trying to achieve. But by doing this the box will only correctly reproduce the desired freq. Personally, what I like to do, is make a box that has a slight peak at the lower end, because I like low end bass, and then keep it flat from there on up to maintain my sq.
    my question is why make the box so big?? why not go for a lil bit smaller box and tune it low like trixter said?? i agree that tuning it to 33hz is good but i'd go lower in the upper 20hz range.

adam

2006 Bright Island Blue 6s: stock 6 disc in dash, Hertz Hi-Energy 6.5" comps, MB Quart Ref 12", eclipse 5-channel sub amp.

Car mods: Lowered on Mazdaspeed springs with Koni Yellow shocks, Racing beat front/rear sway bars with AWR end links, LED turn signals, tail lights, front side markers, 18" ADR Cypher rims, 55w HID's in low beam and fogs, 5% tint all the way around. No go fast mods yet...tuning and Mazda6 don't go well together .

Steve a.k.a. ss3079: So this one lady goes, "These ignorant people who drive around blasting there music, they cant hear emergency vehicles"
    So that set me off, and I said "Well then why do they let deaf people drive?"

AOL: JmKeenen

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Yah, the only reason I suggested to tune it so low is so you can get a samll peak in the upper 20Hz range. I normally wouldn't do this, but I know that the Brahma can do it nicely. You could also go with a smaller box and still get the freq. you are looking for by changing the port size. In fact, WinIsd reccomends a 2cu' box ported to 25Hz to get a flat response. I just increased the box size a little to get a stronger low end.

2006 Jeep Liberty

*Vb = vol. in cu"

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    So go with the 3.5 ported right? Yeah after I thought about it, it was too big. But thanks for the help and enlightening me on peaks and stuff like that. I understand that much more.

Closed Thread

User Tag List