Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Help installing tweets in 94 Accord

I have a set of Rainbow components that I want so badly to install, problem is im so **** paranoid about theft that I don't want to install them unless it's a stealthy kind of install. So door panels are out, kick panels are out. I was thinking about putting them in the sail panel and covering the tweet w/grill material or something so if somebody shined a flashlight or something inside, they wouldn't stand out. Would this be possible? I have power mirrors if that matters. Any help would be appreciated.

ramos is offline Still learning

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    104 Post(s)
    Yeah it's not all that hard to do. You will have to do a little cutting. What size are the rainbow tweets ?

5 % equipment
    90 % install
    5% beer

slipknot87420 is offline ^^^^^^420^^^^^^

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    what kind of sub is that in your avitar uhkord....dsq?

93 blazer

Panasonic>>>>Orion>>>>Kicker>>>>Pioneer

94uhkord is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by ramos
    Yeah it's not all that hard to do. You will have to do a little cutting. What size are the rainbow tweets ?
    1" I don't think there is anything hard about it, I've installed components before, it's cake. I was more wondering if there is enough clearance behind the sail panel for me to flush mount them in there.

slipnot-not sure bro, I just stumbled across it and decided to use it as my avatar:o

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    104 Post(s)
    Originally posted by 94uhkord
    1" I don't think there is anything hard about it, I've installed components before, it's cake. I was more wondering if there is enough clearance behind the sail panel for me to flush mount them in there.

slipnot-not sure bro, I just stumbled across it and decided to use it as my avatar:o
    Yep there is enough room.

5 % equipment
    90 % install
    5% beer

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Yep there is enough room.
    I'm assuming you've done this on a 94-97 Accord before?

Isn't it more like 50% product, 50% install?

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    104 Post(s)
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by 94uhkord

yeah once or twice

Even some of the crappiest equipment in the world can sound good if it's installed correctly. I used to have a contest with three other local installers. We would see who could build the best sounding cheap system. 99% of the time more time and effort was spent on the install than anything else.
    Last edited by ramos; 07-02-2003 at 01:28 PM.

5 % equipment
    90 % install
    5% beer

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by ramos
    Originally posted by 94uhkord

yeah once or twice

Even some of the crappiest equipment in the world can sound good if it's installed correctly. I used to have a contest with three other local installers. We would see who could build the best sounding cheap system. 99% of the time more time and effort was spent on the install than anything else.
    So the plug for the power mirrors didn't get in the way? Also, what do you think would be a better location for the tweets, in the sail panels or in the spot pictured below? I think it would sound better as in the pic cause they would be aimed and the listeners and would also be closer to the mid and give the pure on axis sound that Rainbow is known for. Oh yeah, in case I didn't mention before, I have some Rainbow components.

drasik is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    My question to you is "Don't you have theft under your car insurance?" Point is, if there gonna steal your stuff out your car if they really want it. No matter how stealth a system if a person wants your stuff they'll get it. I'd rather make it harder to steal that to make it stealth that way I feel better seeing my systems components still mashed up in my car rather them then gone.

A professional theif can always detect when a system is in a car, either be casing the car b4 hand or just by looking in it. No matter what you do they'll take it regardless if you have an alarm or not. Alarms work against petty theives.

As to your question. I had a 94 accord and thought , why not install your tweets in the fron t dash?? It make take more time, but a theif won't be able to get at them unless they steal the whole car

DrasiK

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    104 Post(s)
    You could do the dash thing. it works very well. Also if you build door panels. And mount everything from the back side. It also makes things a b!tch to remove

5 % equipment
    90 % install
    5% beer

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by drasik
    My question to you is "Don't you have theft under your car insurance?" Point is, if there gonna steal your stuff out your car if they really want it. No matter how stealth a system if a person wants your stuff they'll get it. I'd rather make it harder to steal that to make it stealth that way I feel better seeing my systems components still mashed up in my car rather them then gone.

A professional theif can always detect when a system is in a car, either be casing the car b4 hand or just by looking in it. No matter what you do they'll take it regardless if you have an alarm or not. Alarms work against petty theives.

As to your question. I had a 94 accord and thought , why not install your tweets in the fron t dash?? It make take more time, but a theif won't be able to get at them unless they steal the whole car
    Yes, I do have theft coverage. Point is, I don't want to advertise what I have in the car by installing it in plain view for all to see at any given time of the day or night, that way nothing inside my car will attract the attention of a would be thief. Why is it that im catching grief for that? The main thing in preventing theft is to make your car an unattractive target, and having had a car of mine that I had alot of time and money invested in get stolen and stripped is enough to get me to take whatever precautions are necessary to make my current car as unnattractive to thieves as possible. A high end alarm, autolock, and hidden car stereo install are some good ways to accomplish that. I've already got the first two, so instead of questioning why I want a stealth install could you guys help me in my quest to have my system sound as good as possible while keeping a low profile installation wise? I'd appreciate it.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    You could do the dash thing. it works very well. Also if you build door panels. And mount everything from the back side. It also makes things a b!tch to remove
    I'm not worried about how hard it is to remove, matter of fact, I'd rather it be easy to remove to keep the ****tards from destroying the interior in the process. If a thief doesn't see anything that catches their eye,no reason to break in, unless he's been casing my car. But in that case, if he wants it bad enough there's nothing I could do anyway. Personally, I believe that it's more likely to be a victim of random theft than to be cased and jacked, so keeping the install out of sight is the key to keeping the install installed.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    104 Post(s)
    That's cool man. I'm just offering suggestions. As for the mirror plug. You have to squeeze to make the tweets fit. I usually end up rerouting the wires. Have you thought about the tops of the doors. A really stealthy install can be accomplished by mounting the tweeters high up on the doors. And covering them with color matched grill cloth. He!! if al else fails you can fabricate a bracket to mount the tweet over the mids. I have had to go that route a couple of times in a few different Acura's. Just tossing out idea's brother man.

5 % equipment
    90 % install
    5% beer

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    104 Post(s)
    What ever you decide to do. The key is to cover the tweets with grill cloth that is as closely matched to the color of the rest of your interior. I too agree with the out of sight out of mind concept. i try to make all of my installs look as factory as possible. I have had to many systems stolen or trashed by idjits.

5 % equipment
    90 % install
    5% beer

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    That's cool man. I'm just offering suggestions. As for the mirror plug. You have to squeeze to make the tweets fit. I usually end up rerouting the wires. Have you thought about the tops of the doors. A really stealthy install can be accomplished by mounting the tweeters high up on the doors. And covering them with color matched grill cloth. He!! if al else fails you can fabricate a bracket to mount the tweet over the mids. I have had to go that route a couple of times in a few different Acura's. Just tossing out idea's brother man.
    ahahahaha, rofl@brotherman.

Yeah, I've thought about the tops of the doors, but decided against it for reasons stated previously. Everyone loves Q-Forms kick panels, I can come close to that by mounting the tweeter just above the speaker grill. The panel has a flat area on it down there that when the tweet is flush mounted onto it, will aim them at the listeners. I checked the clearance yesterday and noticed that while driving, my legs won't block them at all. And being that the components will sound better w/the tweeters mounted on axis,this seems to be the way to go, I can also use the color matched grill cloth technique to blend the tweets into the door panel. Whatcha think?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

User Tag List